Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > New Series Buddy Reads Starting in November

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Nov 14, 2016 02:42PM) (new)

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Looking for a new series or book to Buddy Read in November?

The following new Buddy Reads due to start soon:

Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Start Date: 1st November
Category: Standalone
Discussion Thread: Stardust Discussion

Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
Start Date: 31st October
Category: Standalone - First in Series
Discussion Thread: Walk on Earth a Stranger Discussion

Hyperion (Hyperion Cantos #1) by Dan Simmons
Start Date: 15th November
Category: Standalone - First in series
Discussion Thread: Hyperion Discussion

Warbreaker (Warbreaker #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Start Date: 22nd November
Category: Standalone - First in Series
Discussion Thread: Warbreaker Discussion

Beyond Redemption (Manifest Delusions #1) by Michael R. Fletcher.
Start Date: 28th November
Catergory: Standalone - First in Series
Discussion Thread: Beyond Redemption Discussion

We hope you can join us for one of the first in series or standalone books next month. I'll be in the Stardust thread at some point in November.

message 2: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Great idea. Thanks for starting it.

message 3: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Thanks Scott :-). Bajen made me think of it when saying how confusing it could be to know what new series are starting.

message 4: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Angela wrote: "Thanks Scott :-). Bajen made me think of it when saying how confusing it could be to know what new series are starting."

Great idea!

message 5: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Updated to add Walk on Earth a Stranger Buddy Read which starts on the 31st October.

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 12 comments Thanks Angela :)

message 7: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

No worries. It can be my job to try to keep this updated :).

message 8: by John (new)

John Compton | 163 comments Were the crew reading Gardens of the Moon going to do Deadhouse Gates? If so, is Nov 1 a good date, or sometime later?

message 9: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Oct 26, 2016 03:49PM) (new)

John, I'm unsure if I'll be finished by then. I feel like I'm a slow reader these days plus real life isn't giving me much reading time. I'm nearly at 50% of Gardens, but that's taken me 2 weeks. So more towards the end of November would be better for me. No worries if you wanted to start earlier. I can always comment once I catch up. Let me know what would work for you.

Dani and Samir let me know how you are getting on as to when/if you want to read the next book in Malazan.

message 10: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
I'd pop in on the Deadhouse gates discussion I'm gonna start it after I finish Magician

message 11: by Olivia (last edited Oct 26, 2016 11:49PM) (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments I plan on giving Deadhouse Gates a shot in November.

message 12: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
DHG is awesome. Be prepared for an almost complete new cast of characters and to be throw into hell right off the bat.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Iam waiting for Warbreaker inpatiently:)

message 14: by Dani (new)

Dani | 577 comments I'm moving at a glacial pace where Gardens is concerned - I'm still at chapter 3. I will have more time from now on though, as I finished another buddy read. Evenso, I'll probably finish towards the end of November as well.

Don't mind me in your going ahead with Deadhouse Gates. I've unthinkingly not considered the rest of the series in my planning at all so I don't see myself reading some until further into the year if at all. I've been overcommitting myself and need to create some breathing room.

message 15: by John (new)

John Compton | 163 comments Angela wrote: "John, I'm unsure if I'll be finished by then. I feel like I'm a slow reader these days plus real life isn't giving me much reading time. I'm nearly at 50% of Gardens, but that's taken me 2 weeks. S..."

Please don't rush. The "one book a month" is probably a pace I cannot keep up with. It is hard to get in 2 - 3 hour reading session on GotM.

message 16: by Bajen (new)

Bajen This is awesome! I might join the other as well just for the fun! Thank you Angela:)

message 17: by Tosh (new)

Tosh If you guys read Deadhouse Gates the end of November I'd love to join. I'm going to try to juggle that and Warbreaker:)

message 18: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments End of November sounds good to me. I plan to continue with The Ryiria Chronicles after I'm finished with GotM and also, I'm thinking of continuing with the Iron Age trilogy.

message 19: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Oct 27, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Thanks for all the input everyone on Deadhouse Gates. Let's put in in November, but we'll look to carry it on into December, so really a two month buddy read on this one for anyone keen. Then we can start the third book in January. Of course those that can't wait, there is already a discussion thread.

Deadhouse Gates Discussion

We're a mix of who is starting DG early in November and who is starting later in the month. I know my read will run into December. Hope to see you in the discussions.

message 20: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Bajen wrote: "This is awesome! I might join the other as well just for the fun! Thank you Angela:)"

You are welcome Bajen :).

message 21: by RG (new)

RG Has anyone read a crown for cold silver by Alex Marshall?

message 22: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Nov 07, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Roy wrote: "Has anyone read a crown for cold silver by Alex Marshall?"

I haven't Roy. I do see that a lot of people in the group have it on their TBR list.

If you are looking for a buddy to read it with perhaps mention it in the below thread and you will find others keen to read the book. :-)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 23: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Nov 14, 2016 02:43PM) (new)

Standalone - First in Series Beyond Redemption added.

Start date 28th November.

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments I'd love to read this one but iam already booked for warbreaker on the 22nd