Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Warbreaker (Warbreaker, #1)
This topic is about Warbreaker

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Starting November 22nd. Please join us.

message 2: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Enjoy it. I'll pop in to chat. :)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments If i manage to finish all of the mistborn ill join. Iam currently 20% in with well of ascension

Tosh If I can catch up on all my current reads I would love to join in. It will be a reread for me, but it's been a few years, so I've nearly forgotten most of it anyway.

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Yay when is this starting ?

message 6: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nov 22

Solseit | 1460 comments I should be in then! I am totally looking forward to this read!

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Yay !! I'm in :D

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments I'm in too! This will be my first buddy read :D

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom | 1 comments Yeah I'm in! It's my first and I don't really understand the whole concept, would someone care to explain?

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom wrote: "Yeah I'm in! It's my first and I don't really understand the whole concept, would someone care to explain?"

As we read chapters we'll discuss key points or theories. Thinks like I think character X is interesting can just be in open text. For spoilers we use tags for the example in place of using great than > and less than < as you would in a real spoiler I'll use parenthesis ()

(spoiler) Jenna likes to pop in and out (/spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Welcome and enjoy.

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments This book is going to be EPIC I hope you guys like fan girling because I will die when I read this it's been on my list for far too long !!

message 13: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Scott wrote: "(spoiler) Jenna likes to pop in and out (/spoiler)

Like bubble gum."

True fact and lovely simile. :)

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Petrik I'm really excited to buddy read with you & we are starting with the best author ever <3

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments ☽Luna☾ wrote: "Petrik I'm really excited to buddy read with you & we are starting with the best author ever <3"

aww thank you Sarah! I can't wait to get started too, it will be fun! :)

message 16: by Zay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zay I recently finished this book, so joining in on a discussion would be great :) It prompted me to join this group. Still fairly new to goodreads and trying to get more involved now.

message 17: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zay wrote: "I recently finished this book, so joining in on a discussion would be great :) It prompted me to join this group. Still fairly new to goodreads and trying to get more involved now."

Welcome to the group. There's a lot of other standalone books and first book of series starting. Hope to see you around.

message 18: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll have to see where I'm at in 9 days when this starts but I may have bitten off more than I can chew this month. A lot more life items have eaten into my reading time as well. You should all start without me and if I can I'll join or join late.

message 19: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments I will be reading along too!

message 20: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments I will read this book as well

Barbara | 3 comments I've recently finished this book, like very much BS work. Looking forward to read your comments and join the discussion.

message 22: by Petrik (last edited Nov 20, 2016 10:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Hi everyone! I'm starting this now! It's almost 22nd already where I live, looking forward to further discussion with each and everyone of you :D

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Ive Read the prologue and it was extremely cool. Iam confused as to how the magic works but that will definitely clear up later on.

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Jarek "the Mistborn" wrote: "Ive Read the prologue and it was extremely cool. Iam confused as to how the magic works but that will definitely clear up later on."

me too Jarek, Vasher and Nightblood sounds badass!

Solseit | 1460 comments I cannot wait to start! Yesterday I had the book in my hands and I was about to start but I put it down, proud of my self control! Tomorrow, I just need to wait 12 hours!

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Aristea wrote: "I cannot wait to start! Yesterday I had the book in my hands and I was about to start but I put it down, proud of my self control! Tomorrow, I just need to wait 12 hours!"

I just read the prologue, but it will be 22nd in 5 hours and i'll read warbreaker finally :D

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments That bringing objects to life thing is pretty interesting. The little straw thing reminded me a little of gardens of the moon when one of the mages turned into a puppet:)

message 28: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Will be starting tomorrow

message 29: by Tosh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tosh I started a couple days ago. I couldn't wait any longer ;)

Well, I agree that the prologue was a great start. Vasher and Nightblood are awesome and Nightblood cracks me up. I love the idea behind the magic system, and I'm always amazed that Sanderson can keep inventing new and interesting magics with such clear cut rules.

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Have u guys read stormlight archive ? Omg night blood <3 I'm already inlove with the goddamn sword lol

message 31: by Tosh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tosh ☽Luna☾ wrote: "Have u guys read stormlight archive ? Omg night blood <3 I'm already inlove with the goddamn sword lol"

Yes!! :D

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Stormlight spoiler (view spoiler)

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Ch 2 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Eric (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eric | 101 comments Oh wow I realized my copy of the book has all the annotations included. I think the annotations for the prologue are actually as long as the prologue itself!

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Haha ! Which copy do u have ?

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Yes daddy is an asshole:)

message 37: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Up to chapter 4:
Still working everything out... looking forward to (view spoiler)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Emma wrote: "Up to chapter 4:
Still working everything out... looking forward to [spoilers removed]"

I have the same feeling Emma, but I could be wrong since this is Sanderson. I just finished chapter 5!

Solseit | 1460 comments I really enjoyed the prologue - although the magic system is still quite a mystery at this point.

(view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments iam up to chapter 10. The visit to the god kings chamber was....strange;) I think Siri will stir up things as well but i think that Vivienna will also be a part in this stirring. Also the god court for me looks like a bunch of greek gods with nothing to do:D
Overall so far the book is interesting to me and I cant wait how things unravel

message 41: by Tosh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tosh I'm up to chapter 21. *Misborn spoiler (view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Thats an interesting thought Tosh. I albo feel something here that reminds me a bit of elantris. I cant put my finger on It though

Solseit | 1460 comments Through chapter 2 - I like Vivenne's awesome plan, I would also think about that option and I am looking forward on her acting upon it!

message 44: by Emma (last edited Nov 22, 2016 11:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Up to end of chapter 11: so... the God-King is (view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Mr god king will see you now miss Siri:D Sounds familiar:D

message 46: by Tosh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tosh Jarek "the Mistborn" wrote: "Thats an interesting thought Tosh. I albo feel something here that reminds me a bit of elantris. I cant put my finger on It though"

I'd be curious if you figure it out. (view spoiler) It's been too long since I've read to make any other connections.

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Aristea wrote: "Through chapter 2 - I like Vivenne's awesome plan, I would also think about that option and I am looking forward on her acting upon it!"

Yes I also love her plan !

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments The lifeless remind me of (view spoiler)

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments I think that maybe its just a similar idea about the elantrians and the returned being gods one living in elantris the others in the court of gods but a different take on it. In elantris they where more or less flawless and here they are more tangible or something

Luna. ✨ (lady_luna) | 234 comments Yeah I agree ! A lot of Sanderson works are similar but I guess it because they are all joined to the cosmere.

I can't wait to see how this book ends upto the part where Vivienne (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4