The Challenge Factory discussion

2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > November Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Oct 23, 2016 07:01AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5585 comments Mod
Buddy Read

November Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 November 2016 - 30 November 2016

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4. I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge usually spans a month. If you'd like to start a longer buddy read, you can mention the time frame you have in mind when posting to look for a buddy. If you need more time to finish your book at the end of the month, just drop me a line in the next month's sign ups to keep your thread open.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the November Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Oct 23, 2016 07:32AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16220 comments Mod
Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon Gideon (Order of the Black Knights, #1) by Ashe Barker A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole Between Loathing and Love by Andrew Grey Let the Wrong Light In by Avon Gale Rented Heart by Garrett Leigh The Devil's Bedpost by Lena Hart Picture Me This by Marina Lovechild

*Trea & Ezi: Tempting Boundaries (Montgomery Ink, #2) by Carrie Ann Ryan
**Krissy, ~Melissa~ & Ezi: Absolution (The Protectors # 1) by Sloane Kennedy

Please only sign up to read with me if you want to really talk/discuss the book beyond "it was good. I liked it". I am looking for discussion about what's going on and the characters.
Thanks.

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Anyone up for reading Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15) by Jennifer Estep or Star Wars Kenobi by John Jackson Miller with me?

message 4: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen"

I didn't get as far as I would have liked on the Montgomery Ink series yesterday, Ezi...I got through the two prequel novellas. Still want to do it as a buddy read or shall I try to catch up to you another time?

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Trea wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen"

I didn't get as far as I would have liked on the Montgomery Ink series yesterday, Ezi...I got through the two prequel novellas. Still want to..."

I didn't read the prequels nor do I have any of the novellas. I have this series on audio so I listened to book 1. I have 2,3. We can wait until later in the month when you get to book 2.

message 6: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Oct 23, 2016 07:40AM) (new)

ThatEzi wrote: "I didn't read the prequels nor do I have any of the novellas. I have this series on audio so I listened to book 1. I have 2,3. We can wait until later in the month when you get to book 2."

I've got everything through book 2. I'll add books 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 to my November TBR and will plan to read 1 and 1.5 early on in the month, as well as pick up book 3 sometime.

Do you want to request a thread, or shall I add it to my sign up post already in progress?

message 7: by Shantal (new)

Shantal Oliver | 84 comments I'll be reading The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass , Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins , The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong and Edge of Midnight (McClouds & Friends #4) by Shannon McKenna if any one is interested

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Oct 23, 2016 09:26AM) (new)

Trea wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "I didn't read the prequels nor do I have any of the novellas. I have this series on audio so I listened to book 1. I have 2,3. We can wait until later in the month when you get to b..."

Post already in progress
I'll join you for Unwanted

Thanks!

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonGideon (Order of the Black Knights, #1) by Ashe BarkerA Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole Between Loathing and Love by Andrew Grey..."

I will read and discuss Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon with you!

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Oct 23, 2016 09:58AM) (new)

ThatEzi wrote: "Post already in progress

Thanks!"

Not a problem, I'll get them set up in my sign up post!

Have you not read Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5) by Jennifer Estep yet? I'll make the thread request for both books and discuss Unwanted with you before we get into Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15) by Jennifer Estep , as I've already read Unwanted.

message 11: by Erica (new)

Erica | 960 comments I'm reading at least The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman and Little Town on the Prairie (Little House, #7) by Laura Ingalls Wilder this month. Really need to finish a few biographies before I can commit to others... but hoping I'll also get to A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman .

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Erica- I Loved Ove!!!

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Stacey wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonGideon (Order of the Black Knights, #1) by Ashe BarkerA Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole [bookcover:Between Loathing an..."

I will join in for Everything, Everything as well.

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments So in addition to Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon with Stacey and ThatEzi...

these are my planned books for November:
A Crucible of Souls (Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, #1) by Mitchell Hogan The Orphan Mother A Novel by Robert Hicks The Vegetarian by Han Kang Black Water Rising by Attica Locke

anyone interested in joining me? I plan on tackling The Vegetarian and A Crucible of Souls during the first half of the month and then moving onto Black Water Rising and the Orphan Mother next, but I can be flexible if that doesn't work :)

message 15: by Kay (new)

Kay  (msscorpio) | 4 comments I definitely want to read Black Water Rising

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Trea wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "Post already in progress

Thanks!"

Not a problem, I'll get them set up in my sign up post!

Have you not read Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5) by Jennifer Estep yet? I'll mak..."

Ummm, well, I kind of listened to Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15) by Jennifer Estep on the release date. Hehehe.

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Rachel wrote: "So in addition to Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon with Stacey and ThatEzi...

these are my planned books for November:."

I'm soooo excited

message 18: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Stacey wrote: "Erica- I Loved Ove!!!"

I read that 2 was ago. Did you know there was a movie?

message 19: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments No I didn't know it was a movie!

message 20: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1126 comments Hello! Is anyone interested in these?
Disclaimer: I don't plan to read them all in November. :-) Just hoping to get a buddy for 2 - 3 of them so I can move to my READ shelf!

The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad, #6) by Tana French The City of Mirrors (The Passage, #3) by Justin Cronin The Ambassador's Mission (Traitor Spy Trilogy, #1) by Trudi Canavan Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind The Gilded Hour by Sara Donati Eligible (The Austen Project #4) by Curtis Sittenfeld

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Sunshine007 wrote: "I definitely want to read Black Water Rising"

YESSSS!!!

message 22: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 904 comments Sandy, I would like to get Eligible (The Austen Project #4) by Curtis Sittenfeld and possibly Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind off my tbr as well!

message 23: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

ThatEzi wrote: "Ummm, well, I kind of listened to Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15) by Jennifer Estep on the release date. Hehehe."

LOL! We don't have to buddy read it together if you don't want to, since you've already read it. We can just do discussions by PM on the respective ones we need to read, if you'd like. Totally up to you!

message 24: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 904 comments I need to catch up on my book boxes, so I would love company for any of these:
Everland by Wendy Spinale The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Dark Matter by Blake Crouch Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel P.S. I Like You by Kasie West This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake

message 25: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonGideon (Order of the Black Knights, #1) by Ashe BarkerA Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole Between Loathing and Love by Andrew Grey..."

I can read Thousand Boy Kisses with you! When is a good date for you?

message 26: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Logan wrote: "I need to catch up on my book boxes, so I would love company for any of these:
Everland by Wendy Spinale The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Dark Matter by Blake Crouch [bookcover:Sleeping Gia..."

I can read Everland with you! :)

Kelby *TwistedCactusReads* (twistedcactusreads) | 364 comments I plan on reading The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh & The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins if anyone is interested.

message 28: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1126 comments Logan wrote: "Sandy, I would like to get Eligible (The Austen Project #4) by Curtis Sittenfeld and possibly Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind off my tbr as well!"

Great! I can request the threads after work today.

message 29: by Liza (new)

Liza (proseccoprincess) Does anyone want to read Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1) by Jay McLean

message 30: by Liza (new)

Liza (proseccoprincess) ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonGideon (Order of the Black Knights, #1) by Ashe BarkerA Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole Between Loathing and Love by Andrew Grey..."

Hi Can I sign up for
Everything Everything
Rented Heart
Absolution

message 31: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 904 comments Sandy wrote: "Logan wrote: "Sandy, I would like to get Eligible (The Austen Project #4) by Curtis Sittenfeld and possibly Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind off my tbr as well!"

Great! I can request the threads after work today."

Perfect!

message 32: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 904 comments Eunice wrote: "Logan wrote: "I need to catch up on my book boxes, so I would love company for any of these:
Everland by Wendy Spinale The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Dark Matter by Blake Crouch [bookcove..."

Awesome! I'll request a thread. :)

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Eunice wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole .."

YAY. Great

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Oct 24, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Liza wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonGideon (Order of the Black Knights, #1) by Ashe BarkerA Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole ..."

Great.
What about Steadfast (True North, #2) by Sarina Bowen The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5) by Sarina Bowen ?
Krissy?

message 35: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Oct 24, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments ThatEzi wrote: "Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonGideon (Order of the Black Knights, #1) by Ashe BarkerA Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole Between Loathing and Love by Andrew Grey..."

Ezi ~ looking forward to Absolution (The Protectors # 1) by Sloane Kennedy

Do you want to try to fit in All These Hidden Scars (Loose Ends, #0.5) by Avril Ashton ??

message 36: by Runell (new)

Runell Anyone interested in:

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson

message 37: by Erica (new)

Erica | 960 comments Stacey wrote: "Erica- I Loved Ove!!!"

Oh good! I am really looking forward to this one. Hoping it fits in with all my other reading plans...

message 38: by Erica (new)

Erica | 960 comments ThatEzi wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Erica- I Loved Ove!!!"

I read that 2 was ago. Did you know there was a movie?"

No I didn't. I usually like the book better because movies tend to leave things out or even just change things completely. Is the movie well done?

message 39: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Erica wrote: "ThatEzi wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Erica- I Loved Ove!!!"

I read that 2 was ago. Did you know there was a movie?"

No I didn't. I usually like the book better because movies tend to leave things out o..."

I haven't seen the Movie, but it is Swedish with English substitles
NY Times review: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/mov...

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-DR...

message 40: by Erin L (new)

Erin L (wellreadmoose) | 263 comments Erica wrote: "I'm reading at least The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman and Little Town on the Prairie (Little House, #7) by Laura Ingalls Wilder this month. Really need to finish a few biographies before I can commit to others...."

I'm also hoping to get to A Man Called Ove, but it'll probably be later in the month.

message 41: by Erica (new)

Erica | 960 comments Erin L wrote: "Erica wrote: "I'm reading at least The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman and Little Town on the Prairie (Little House, #7) by Laura Ingalls Wilder this month. Really need to finish a few biographies before I can com..."

Do you want to do a buddy read on it? I probably won't get to it until around the 20th at the rate I'm going on other things.

message 42: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Runell wrote: "Anyone interested in:

The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers "

I hope someone takes you up because these were Awesome audiobooks!!!!!!!

message 43: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

~Melissa~: WE can try but don't hold me accountable if we dont. I did buy it though so I will sign us up for All These Hidden Scars (Loose Ends, #0.5) by Avril Ashton

message 44: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Runell wrote: "Anyone interested in:

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson"

I'm actually interested in Grave Mercy because that was one of my Dusty Bookshelf books for next month! Do you wanna give it a go?!

message 45: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Rachel wrote: "Runell wrote: "Anyone interested in:

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson"

I'm a..."

Hey, I think I picked that for you...did I?

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments ThatEzi wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Runell wrote: "Anyone interested in:

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers [bookcover:Walk on Earth a Stranger|17..."

I think it was Joanna who picked it for me :)

message 47: by Runell (new)

Runell That sounds great, Rachel!

message 48: by Erin L (new)

Erin L (wellreadmoose) | 263 comments Erica wrote: "Erin L wrote: "Erica wrote: "I'm reading at least The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman and Little Town on the Prairie (Little House, #7) by Laura Ingalls Wilder this month. Really need to finish a few biographies b..."

Hi Erica, 20th should work for me - I'm willing to do it as a buddy read.

message 49: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1382 comments Shantal:
I am interested in reading The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass and Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins with you.
Do you want to sign us up?

message 50: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1382 comments Is anyone interested in any of the following:

Witchful Thinking (Jolie Wilkins, #3) by H.P. Mallory Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett The Prince of Mist (Niebla, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón Deeper (Caroline & West, #1) by Robin York Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Wicked Need (The Wicked Horse, #3) by Sawyer Bennett

?

« previous 1