The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
This topic is about Lines of Departure
Frontlines > LOD: Section 2: Chapters 10-17

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lindsay | 545 comments Section 2

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Chapters 10-17.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling things for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later sections/books. Referring back to events from a previous section is fine.

Lindsay | 545 comments And now we get hard core with a victory against the SRA immediately followed by a horrible defeat by the Lankies only 7 LYs out from the solar system.

The first part of part one hints at how badly off the NAC is in terms of the Lankies and this one really underlines how bad the situation has become.

Introducing the old TA, now HD and bringing back Fallon is a really good move. A little hard to believe that the NAC brass would be quite so petty or stupid as to pull what they're doing here though, but I suppose in the absence of an actual plan to deal with the Lankies, anything can happen ...

Suzanne | 1582 comments I agree about them being stupid, but given some of the stupid stuff that seems to be happening in real life right now, it is sadly believable.

I was glad to see Fallon again - I didn't expect to, and she was one of my favorite characters from book 1.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
This book took an unexpected turn. I was happy to see Fallon too.

I don't get why the military is so aggressive here. It's almost the opposite portrayal he gave us in the first book. Now hes got them as the oppressors. Well some of them anyways.

I'm sure this will all end well.