Outlander - Oct-Dec 2016 > Outlander - Part 3

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1680 comments Mod
Discuss Part 3 here

message 2: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yup - it's not cheating if it is in a different time period . . . EVERYONE knows that!

message 3: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Well - just read a chapter about beating people - men beating women, women beating men, and watching the main female character going from being defiant about being beat to accepting of it . . . kinda twisted!

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 149 comments Matthew wrote: "Yup - it's not cheating if it is in a different time period . . . EVERYONE knows that!"

LOL

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 149 comments Matthew wrote: "Well - just read a chapter about beating people - men beating women, women beating men, and watching the main female character going from being defiant about being beat to accepting of it . . . kin..."

It's twisted but at the same time. Women and children were viewed as property of men. Also, in this book their is never any talk about the 'family bed' and that any visitor passing along will be welcome in your home. Good thing she has some boundaries in writing.

I'm thinking perhaps our headstrong female now being tamed by the redheaded Scot, Jamie, has to cool her jets or she's be burned as a witch.

message 6: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am not too wise in the ways of romance novels. But, I do know there is a big S&M following (50 shades and all that). Perhaps this appeals to that . . . however, I have no point of reference to know if it compares.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) | 149 comments 50 Shades that's just bubble gum BDSM. I can't stand that book. If they saw a real Kinkster party they'd wig out. They'd freak out during a flogging. LOL I call that Velcro and paper collar. Looks good on paper and in the mind but in real life. ;)

You just had to do there. :/

I remember when we read The Story O for Vaginal Fantasy and there was a huge debated about Outlander and The Story of O. That was interesting.

message 8: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Now I am blushing! This conversation just got real! ;)