Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Ellie's Read-a-Thon couch

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) ... and my cat Dewey is probably somewhere on the couch with me.

This is my first readathon, I just found out about it last week through the Play Book Tag group here on GR. I'm looking forward to seeing how much time I can last ^^

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Is your cat really named Dewey? Is so, that is beyond awesome!

Welcome to Readathon!

message 3: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) Haha, yes, his name is really Dewey! My mom taught library science in university, and one of her conditions for getting a kitten was that I had to name him Dewey.

Thanks!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Ellie wrote: "Haha, yes, his name is really Dewey! My mom taught library science in university, and one of her conditions for getting a kitten was that I had to name him Dewey.

Thanks!"

That is so awesome! I volunteered at a library for a week once (a strike was happening so they needed volunteers). I loved it so much. Seriously, dream job. I loved the whole background part of it. The receiving of the book requests in the intralibrary system and processing those. Shelving. etc. Just the whole thing.

message 5: by Elise (last edited Oct 22, 2016 05:10AM) (new)

Elise (ellinou) 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
St-Lambert, Quebec, Canada

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Probably A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Chocolate cake in a mug, haha! And coffee.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm Elise, 28, translator, and I have a cat named Dewey! The first thing I wondered about the readathon was whether I'd be awake enough to watch the F1 race tomorrow!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Seeing how long I can last and how many pages I can read.

message 6: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) Just finished The Cellist of Sarajevo, and I have a measly total of 106 pages in three hours! I can do better than that!

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 8: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) Thank you!

1. What are you reading right now?
Alternating between A Small Circus and The Origin of Species

2. How many books have you read so far?
Only finished one...

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I think I'll probably be stuck on those two for the rest, they're really big.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I live alone, so the only interruption has been my cat.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I've lasted this long, actually. I thought I'd get bored way before this, but the moments spent on the computer cut the reading just enough that it never gets too much.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments that is such a bookish and cute name for a cat! Also I hope your read-a-thon went well! ~Ashley

message 10: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) I'm participating again this year, looking forward to it!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments How is your readathon going? Happy reading! ~Ashley

message 12: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) Pretty good, better than last year! I'm probably going to call it quits in an hour or so, but I already have over 600 pages read, so I call this a success!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Ellie wrote: "Pretty good, better than last year! I'm probably going to call it quits in an hour or so, but I already have over 600 pages read, so I call this a success!"

I would too! Well done!! ~Ashley