You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > 2017 Challenge Hint

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments I have changed my avatar. It's a clue for the 2017 challenge.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9270 comments Oh, I know! But I don't know if I can say something or better no...

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments You're welcome to guess.

message 4: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments Something with mythical creatures? Or Zodiac signs?

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 13147 comments I was thinking zodiac too. Or maybe astrology.

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments That would be a pretty obvious clue. Hehehehe!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I'm thinking mythological creatures.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9270 comments Constellations?

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Oct 16, 2016 03:22PM) (new)

Kristie | 13147 comments Janice wrote: "That would be a pretty obvious clue. Hehehehe!"

Why can't you be obvious?! lol

Let's see... constellations...stars...outer space?? Seems too narrow. I don't know. lol

message 10: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2676 comments genetic engineering (lol)??

message 11: by Tasha (new)

Tasha haha! good one, annerlee! :)

message 12: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments Kristie wrote: "Why can't you be obvious?! lol"

Where's the fun in that? LOL! Maybe I'm just fishing for ideas.

message 13: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments Annerlee wrote: "genetic engineering (lol)??"

LOL! I like that idea.

message 14: by Almeta (last edited Oct 16, 2016 09:26PM) (new)

message 15: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16830 comments Narnia?

message 16: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments Kristie wrote: "Janice wrote: "That would be a pretty obvious clue. Hehehehe!"

Why can't you be obvious?! lol

Let's see... constellations...stars...outer space?? Seems too narrow. I don't know. lol"

Eh, outer space narrow? Have you any idea how big that is? Well, neither do I... ;-)

message 17: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14758 comments I was hoping for a hint coming soon!

I think the zodiac signs makes sense. It fits the avatar and I can see possibilities to make a big challenge that fits everyone. But maybe it's too obvious indeed ;-)

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2094 comments Janice wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Why can't you be obvious?! lol"

Where's the fun in that? LOL! Maybe I'm just fishing for ideas."

I bet you're fishing for ideas! ;-)

message 19: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Oct 17, 2016 05:50AM) (new)

Kristie | 13147 comments Janice wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Why can't you be obvious?! lol"

Hahaha :)

message 20: by Annerlee (last edited Oct 17, 2016 06:15AM) (new)

Annerlee | 2676 comments Sam wrote: "Janice wrote: "Kristie wrote: "Why can't you be obvious?! lol"

I bet you're fishing for ideas! ;-)"

Is 'fishing' another clue?

message 21: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 2174 comments My first thought was zodiac too. It may be a little obvious, but there are so many things that you could do with that!

message 22: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 2174 comments Plus that reminds me, I haven't updated my 2016 challenge spreadsheet in quite some time. I may have finally finished it and didn't even realize! LOL.

message 23: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments Annerlee wrote: "Is 'fishing' another clue? "

Come to think of it, it could be. It would be a very obscure clue. Hmmmm..... Pisces is a fish isn't it?

message 24: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14758 comments I read the first part of your comment and thought 'fishing - fish - pisces' but then you came to that conclusion and now I'm confused. Are you practicing reversed psychology on us Janice?

message 25: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2676 comments Janice wrote: "Annerlee wrote: "Is 'fishing' another clue? "

Come to think of it, it could be. It would be a very obscure clue. Hmmmm..... Pisces is a fish isn't it?"

I wanted to post an image of Pisces under my fishing comment, but the image code wouldn't work today for some reason. I gave up (explains the obscurity maybe...?)

message 26: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments Some people like to fish, don't they?

message 27: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments Oh, I just thought of something else... people like to eat fish too.

message 28: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10047 comments Janice wrote: "Oh, I just thought of something else... people like to eat fish too."

Yeah but...I don't eat Centaurs! You trying to mis-direct us?☻

message 29: by Sandra (last edited Oct 17, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9270 comments Sea-Centaurs?

message 30: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Burger (tammyburger) | 449 comments You ladies are fun thinkers

message 31: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments Almeta wrote: "Yeah but...I don't eat Centaurs! You trying to mis-direct us?☻"

Granted, it wouldn't be the favourite meat of choice for most people, but then, maybe it doesn't need to be. Maybe you could do target practice with a centaur if that's your thing.

Misdirect, deflect, and twist 'em all up so they don't know what to think! That's my new motto. Hahahaha!

message 32: by Almeta (last edited Oct 18, 2016 01:19AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10047 comments Janice wrote: "...Granted, it wouldn't be the favourite meat of choice for most people, but then, maybe it doesn't need to be. Maybe you could do target practice with a centaur if that's your thing. ..."

Hunting and Fishing, huh? Outdoor sport?

lol! The motto may be new, but "Meanie" hasn't changed! ;-P

message 33: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2676 comments Soo... how long do you toy with us Janice? When is the grand announcement? Do we really have to wait until December?

message 34: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9270 comments Usually the announcement is made in the first days of December, Annerlee. :)

message 35: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2676 comments Sandra wrote: "Usually the announcement is made in the first days of December, Annerlee. :)"

That's not sooo bad then... ; )

message 36: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14758 comments It's a month and a half still!

Funny how that seems so long to wait for the challenge, but is so short when I think in terms of work..

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Peggy wrote: "It's a month and a half still!

Funny how that seems so long to wait for the challenge, but is so short when I think in terms of work.."

December will be here before we all know it :) I can't believe we are in the second half of October already!

message 38: by Tasha (new)

Tasha true!! It is going fast!

message 39: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16830 comments Lisa wrote: "December will be here before we all know it :) I can't believe we are in the second half of October already! "

Shush you, and your timekeeping ways.

message 40: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47793 comments Annerlee wrote: "Soo... how long do you toy with us Janice? When is the grand announcement? Do we really have to wait until December?"

I'm going to give you some homework to do towards the end of November. It could be considered a major tip-off to what the challenge will be, if it doesn't give it away entirely. I'll give you a week to do the homework, and then I'll post the challenge.

In the meantime, have fun. *evil laugh* (every meanie has to have an evil laugh, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHCc...

message 41: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14758 comments Homework! You're making us very curious Janice!

message 42: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Janice wrote: "Annerlee wrote: "Soo... how long do you toy with us Janice? When is the grand announcement? Do we really have to wait until December?"

I'm going to give you some homework to do towards the end of ..."

I think this is the only time I have looked forward to being given homework!

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Rusalka wrote: "Lisa wrote: "December will be here before we all know it :) I can't believe we are in the second half of October already! "

Shush you, and your timekeeping ways."

Well, you know. Just thought everyone could use a reminder ;)

message 44: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 697 comments Homework! Yes!

message 45: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10047 comments Janice wrote: "...In the meantime, have fun. *evil laugh* (every meanie has to have an evil laugh, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHCc... ..."

Very funny! (tongue in cheek)

message 46: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments Almeta wrote: "Janice wrote: "...In the meantime, have fun. *evil laugh* (every meanie has to have an evil laugh, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHCc... ..."

Very funny! (tongue in cheek)"

And very, very wicked... :)

message 47: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18168 comments I like hints. And making wild guesses. Less like homework though. I have plenty of that at the moment. going off the avatar change, i was thinking about signs generally, not just zodiac.

message 48: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 13147 comments Oh! That's an interesting thought, Sarah. You could do a lot with signs.

message 49: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2676 comments Sarah wrote: "I like hints. And making wild guesses. Less like homework though. I have plenty of that at the moment. going off the avatar change, i was thinking about signs generally, not just zodiac."

zodiac does feel a bit obvious...

message 50: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments Rusalka wrote: "Lisa wrote: "December will be here before we all know it :) I can't believe we are in the second half of October already! "

Shush you, and your timekeeping ways."

EXACTLY!!!

« previous 1 3

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Odyssey (other topics)
The Island of Dr. Moreau (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

H.G. Wells (other topics)