Grimdark Fiction Readers & Writers discussion

NOVEMBER BotM NOMINATIONS

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wester (new)

Wester Tucker (wjtucker) | 6 comments Mod
First off, I'm glad to see everybody's interest in the Goodreads group. To kick things off I would like to get some ideas for our November Book of the Month. Once we've received enough recommendations, I will put a poll together for us to vote on. I would like to have a decision by the end of the week so that people have enough time to order/download the book.

So let's hear it. What should we read? Please keep in mind this is a GRIMDARK group, so keep your recommendations in line with what we're about. I assume most people here have read the standards but please do not shying away from suggesting one. It will be voted on just like the others.

I would like to officially nominate a book I've been looking forward to for quite some time; Graham Austin-King's "Fae - The Wild Hunt"

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Burkhead (themsburkhead) | 2 comments I have a copy of The City Stained Red I've been meaning to read. I'll second that.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (superstardrifter) | 2 comments I'll second Fae - The Wild Hunt. I've been meaning to read it for a while :)

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy | 4 comments Since I already own (but have not read) both Fae and The City Stained Red I can easily get behind either of these picks. I'm slightly more eager to read Sykes, so my vote goes to him.

message 6: by Josh (new)

Josh Brannan | 3 comments I've been hearing a lot about Red Rising, but I'm not sure if Sci-Fi is where y'all want to go with the first book. Come to think of it, I actually don't even know if it's grimdark.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Red Rising (other topics)
The City Stained Red (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sam Sykes (other topics)