What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Second book in a series; A trained librarian (museum) thief joins a town festival where lies can physically manifest. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Biah (new)

Biah Stalkerella | 43 comments In the first book in the series, a girl is raised in a society where children are tethered to adults till they come of age "for their own safety", but the girl is a thief so she gets recruited along with another boy by some man who takes them to a living breathing "library?" I think, or maybe museum. However only thieves have the sensitivity (both physical and sound related) to navigate the museum without getting lost as fine museum/library building is constantly changing and needs to be HUMMED AT or sung to in order for it to calm down.

In the second book of this series, the girl has released a movement where kids no longer need to be chained for their own safety and predictably kids start getting hurt because what kid who isn't chained to an adult is gonna behave right? >>>>> Girl goes to another town and then there's a once a year Festival going on where magic things can occur. Like if you get surrounded by the magic of the Festival you can physically manifest a wish if you imagine if hard enough, and after the magic passes sometimes it lets you keep ONE physical token of the dream you experienced. Like keeping a feather after dreaming of the fluffy pillow.

I'd like to know the name of either book as knowing one basically is knowing them all ^^)9 ty ty

message 2: by Spockles (new)

Spockles | 199 comments I believe you're looking for Museum of Thieves ands its sequels by Lian Tanner.

message 3: by Biah (new)

Biah Stalkerella | 43 comments Thank you! That is precisely it XD