Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 Monthly challenges > Nominate a book published in 2016 for December group read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments I've been a bit behind with getting the group reads organized so how about we finish strong! Let's pick a book published in 2016 as a group read for the December prompt.

I'm hoping to be finished with the challenge by December but I'll be ready for something "new" to read as well. I'd love to read a new book with you.

Post the title and the author (link if possible). I'll leave this thread open until the end of the month and then we'll vote.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1508 comments I read a lot of new releases this year (not typical for me, I'm usually a few years behind) so I had to search a bit for a book that was released this year that I want to read but haven't read.

I am tentatively suggesting Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. This is not a typical read for me but everyone keeps talking about how good it is!

message 4: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Weber | 264 comments I would suggest Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory. Though I would be interested in the discussion of Cursed Child if that is chosen. I read it not long after it came out.

message 5: by Anna (last edited Oct 15, 2016 06:54PM) (new)

Anna (annaholla) | 172 comments Hi, all!

I finished my 2016 book back in June (Jane Steele), so I won't be joining the December group to finish a prompt, but if you pick something I haven't read, I'll read along.

That said, some books I've read that were published this year that I've enjoyed (in no particular order):
Jane Steele
All the Birds in the Sky
Lab Girl
The Girls
The Underground Railroad -- difficult subject matter, but beautifully written. This one stayed with me.
The Nest
Eligible Didn't LOVE it, but it generated some good discussion in my book group.

And I'm working on The Queen of the Night, which is lovely.

message 6: by Nadine in NY (new)

Nadine in NY Jones | 5900 comments Mod
I like the idea of Dark Matter, because that's on my TBR list and hopefully it won't be too much of a wait to get it from the library.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 622 comments I've read this already, but I really think people would enjoy it. I nominate Enter Title Here

message 8: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I've already filled out this prompt. But if anyone likes a cozy mystery, Crime and Poetry was published this year and is excellent.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.