Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > New books being added under wrong author name

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.M. (new)

L.M. Peralta (LMPeralta) | 3 comments Hello,

I have this same issue with all my books due to the username guidelines. My books are always posted under L. M. Peralta (with the space). But because of guidelines my name is L.M. Peralta (no spaces).

I'm sorry that I have to ask this of you all everything I publish a new book, but I would be very grateful if you could put my latest book United Trace under the username that complies with guidelines: L.M. Peralta (no spaces). Thank you! I've included the URL to the book below:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Book moved.

Books will be imported that way if that's how they are on the sources (Amazon, publisher databases etc.)

If you add books with ISBN or ASIN as soon as you have them directly from your author page and with correct info, a second copy won't be imported when the bots run and you won't have to ask for them to be moved.

On the other hand, moving them takes but a second, and isn't much trouble, so that's fine too!

message 3: by L.M. (new)

L.M. Peralta (LMPeralta) | 3 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Since the correct profile is claimed, and the incorrect one has followers, I have fixed the book but I'll post in the big thread for staff to merge the two profiles as well. That way your followers will be moved to the right place too.

message 5: by G.X. (new)

G.X. Todd (gxtodd) | 15 comments Krazykiwi wrote: "Since the correct profile is claimed, and the incorrect one has followers, I have fixed the book but I'll post in the big thread for staff to merge the two profiles as well. That way your followers..."

Great! Thanks for your help.