What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science Fiction, futuristic book (and series) with conspiracy to eliminate people with psychic ability from population

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Glenn (last edited Oct 05, 2016 05:23PM) (new)

Glenn Adams | 2 comments Looking for a title and author of a book in the Science Fiction, Alternative Future genre. It comes off as more of a mystery adventure, than action adventure, and not fully dystopian, more alternate reality.

This book follows a character high-up in a futuristic US government. Part of the plot line is he uncovers a conspiracy to kill off part of the population with certain abilities, apparently psychic. I believe the population is targeted by a vaccine that keys to some DNA signature, and when triggered by a satellite pulse, folks die. Some device can shield certain individuals. Part of the plat and the characters is his paranormal abilities, little understood, to follow arcane clues. There is also a plot line of characters influencing from another unseen dimension??? But was not fully revealed in this volume.

I read this circa 2012-2013 from the local library, and it seemed to have a world similar to 'Age of X' by Richelle Meade, yet a unique story line.

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 873 comments Deucalion by Brian Caswell has a similar theme but it's set on another planet

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments Could this be one of the Babylon 5 prequels by Greg Keyes The Psi Corps Trilogy

message 4: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Adams | 2 comments Not part of the Babylon 5 prequels, and I remember this was a stand-alone work. Thanks for the tip, as it led me to scan some new lists.

message 5: by Etta.n (last edited May 19, 2017 07:10AM) (new)

Etta.n | 93 comments The Beyond by Jean Sutton, I was looking for this one a few years ago and the Librarything people found it for me. :)

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33290 comments Mod
The Beyond by Jean Sutton - Etta.n's suggestion

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Glenn, was your book "The Beyond" or are you still looking?