Flights of Fantasy discussion

Randomnessosity > "Outing" An Anonymous Author

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments So, there was a famously anonymous author Elena Ferrante who was outed recently.

Why? Because "inquiring minds want to know."

Personally, I'm a little disgusted but everyone has a different opinion. What do you think? Should the press have the right to stalk and then out the identity of non-criminals simply out of curiosity??

If I were her, I'd probably stop writing that series and kill the nom de plume.

message 2: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (last edited Oct 04, 2016 08:05AM) (new)

message 3: by Becky, Modderific (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 2997 comments Anonymous, reclusive, keep-to-themselves authors are my favorite kind. I want to know them through their work, their writing, and their stories. And that is all.

Fuck that guy who thought he had the right to do that.

message 4: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Becky wrote: "Anonymous, reclusive, keep-to-themselves authors are my favorite kind. I want to know them through their work, their writing, and their stories. And that is all.

Fuck that guy who thought he had the right to do that."

QFT!!

I so agree.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Becky wrote: "Anonymous, reclusive, keep-to-themselves authors are my favorite kind. I want to know them through their work, their writing, and their stories. And that is all.

Fuck that guy who thought he had ..."

+1 on both counts.

message 6: by Thaddeus (new)

Thaddeus White | 69 comments I, boringly, agree with the consensus.

On a related note, a policing blog written by an officer had the identity of its author outed in the UK after a court order (Nightjar, I think it was). So the blog stopped, and the public stopped learning some (apparently, didn't read it myself) honest views of the good and bad of policing.