Contemporary YA discussion

YA Book News > Awards

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Oct 03, 2016 12:20PM) (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod
This is the place to post anything and everything related to YA book awards.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

The Kirkus Prize awards a prize of $50,000 to authors of fiction, nonfiction and young readers’ literature.

The Two Finalists are:

The Reader (Sea of Ink and Gold, #1) by Traci Chee
Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina

I bet you will recognize some of the YA nominations:

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Sacrifice (Serpentine #2) by Cindy Pon Falling Over Sideways by Jordan Sonnenblick The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter The Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace, #2) by Erin Bow Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West When They Fade by Jeyn Roberts The Last True Love Story by Brendan Kiely

The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard The Graces (The Graces, #1) by Laure Eve Lucy and Linh by Alice Pung As I Descended by Robin Talley Shame the Stars by Guadalupe Garcia McCall The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw
Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer Vault of Shadows (The Nightsiders, #2) by Jonathan Maberry Possession by M. Verano Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Just Kill Me by Adam Selzer Tell Me Something Real by Calla Devlin All We Have Left by Wendy Mills The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee Riverkeep by Martin Stewart The Memory Book by Lara Avery Mirror in the Sky by Aditi Khorana Steeplejack (Alternative Detective, #1) by A.J. Hartley
This is Not the End by Jesse Jordan Read Me Like a Book by Liz Kessler Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee Property of the State by Bill Cameron American Girls by Alison Umminger Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone True Letters from a Fictional Life by Kenneth Logan Bloodline by Joe Jiménez Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye Silence is Goldfish by Annabel Pitcher Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff This Is the Part Where You Laugh by Peter Brown Hoffmeister Devil and the Bluebird by Jennifer Mason-Black Summer Days & Summer Nights Twelve Love Stories by Stephanie Perkins Perfect Liars by Kimberly Reid Flannery by Lisa Moore Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley This Is All Your Fault, Cassie Parker by Terra Elan McVoy The Fall of Butterflies by Andrea Portes Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman Votes of Confidence A Young Person's Guide to American Elections by Jeff Fleischer The Blood Between Us by Zac Brewer Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo Keep Me In Mind by Jaime Reed The Lonely Ones by Kelsey Sutton Great Falls by Steve Watkins

message 3: by Andrea (new)

BookExpo announced the titles chosen for the Editor’s Buzz program. They strive to predict which YA books will be the hottest releases.

They selected the following books:

1. Spinning by Tillie Walden
Expected publication: September 12th 2017

2. Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi
Expected publication: September 5th 2017

3. All the Wind in the World by Samantha Mabry
Expected publication: October 10th 2017

4. The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater
Expected publication: October 17th 2017

5. Dear Martin by Nic Stone
Expected publication: October 17th 2017

message 4: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
Ohh, more good books to add to my TBR! I'm curious about the first two!

message 5: by Andrea (new)

YA Book Prize

Per thebookseller.com "The YA Book Prize launched in 2014 to award a YA title written by an author living in the UK or Ireland.

It is the first UK and Ireland prize to specifically focus on fiction for young adults and addresses an important need for a prize in the growing YA and teen market. The prize celebrates great books for teenagers and young adults and aims to get more teens reading and buying books.

Worth £2,000 to the winning author, the prize is presented at Hay Festival."

Shortlist
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard Chasing the Stars by Malorie Blackman The Graces (The Graces, #1) by Laure Eve How Not To Disappear by Clare Furniss Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
Orangeboy by Patrice Lawrence The Call by Peadar Ó Guilín The Monstrous Child by Francesca Simon Riverkeep by Martin Stewart Crongton Knights by Alex Wheatle