Are We Not Entertained? discussion

AWNE 1.0 > AWNE's October Pick: The Selection (Discussion)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (last edited Oct 03, 2016 01:01AM) (new)

Devin Lee (indieinsomniac) | 64 comments Mod
Well, The poll has ended and The Selection was an clear decisive winner. Britt, my misery for the month is all on you ma'am. ;)

I've started it and got a few chapters in. It feels like it's going to be a pretty quick read, so that's good right?? The Selection

I imagine some of you probably already read it, also maybe some of you are not going to heh So, Use this as a discussion thread where we can just talk about the story. Throughout the month.

The sentiment of this group is to read outside of your comfort zone and maybe learn something new, or find something interesting in what would not be a normal book you would read.

(view spoiler)

I'll put up some thoughts tomorrow. since I intend to get this out of the way as early as I can ;) heh.
Cheers,

message 2: by Devin (new)

We're halfway through the month, how's everyone doing with it?
Anyone DNF it yet? Love it?
I got a bit sidelined by the trip to PEI, but I'll have it done this week.
How y'all finding it?

message 3: by Lena_makridina (new)

Lena_makridina | 33 comments I've finished it. I think I can see why some people love it and others hate it:)

message 4: by Britt (new)

Britt (girlonkindlefire) | 14 comments I'm still waiting for it to come back to the library haha. But hopefully I'll have it soon :)

message 5: by Devin (last edited Oct 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Ackkkkk, Okay, I'm finished. Good god.
*sigh* I'm about to talk about the ending here.

(view spoiler)

I got other thoughts, but this is the main thing I feel at the moment. Lol
What ya'll thinking?

message 6: by Lena_makridina (last edited Oct 26, 2016 10:42AM) (new)

Lena_makridina | 33 comments (view spoiler)
Should we read the whole thing?:) It was half and half for me. I was enjoying the story half of the time but I was annoyed with it as well.

message 7: by Devin (new)

Lena_makridina wrote: "
Yes, I see what you mean. It pains me a little to mention Tolkien and The Selection in one sentence but I have the same idea that it’s a wrong spot to end a book. I wanted to read the second book ..."

I don't know if I can read the whole thing Lol. I didn't mind the story, it was pretty adequate. Fairly easy to consume. With pretty predictable beats that go through a bit of a cliched plot. I suspect if it was one large tomb (Since the second book is called "the Elite" and the third is "The One" - I'm assuming this whole process isn't finished until the third book) that it may be a competent story, but I don't know if I wanna take that ride.

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Lena_makridina (new)

Lena_makridina | 33 comments (view spoiler)