What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YYA possible series about 4-5 kids with magical necklaces that give them special powers/abilities (strength, beauty, power).

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Germann | 2 comments My brother and i read a book about a group of kids that had special rings that gave them powers. We read this in either the 90s or early 00s. I dont remember much of the book, one scene that stood out was the kids climbing through either a tunnel or duct system. Sorry i dont have much more information. I would really like to locate this book or possible series and get a copy for my brother for christmas.

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber Germann | 2 comments I found out more about the book. Its about kids with magical necklaces that give them special powers. There are 4 or 5 kids and the necklaces give them different abilities. One has strength, beauty, power. However there were consequences like the beauty one would become so beautiful she would disappear, the super strength person would explode, etc. They try to escape the witches castle that they are in and fight goblins but the necklaces keep them tied to the castle. Any help would be appreciated :)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Updated the topic header with details from message #2. Feel free to edit it using the desktop website.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Amber is still looking for this and wrote:

"My brother and I read this book in the 90s. Its about kids with magical necklaces or rings that give them special powers. There are 4 or 5 kids and the necklaces give them different abilities. One has strength, beauty, power. However there were consequences like the beauty one would become so beautiful she would disappear, the super strength person would explode, etc. They try to escape the witches castle that they are in and fight goblins but the necklaces keep them tied to the castle. Any help would be appreciated :) "

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
In the closed thread K.Baker wrote:

"This sounds a lot like E. Nesbit's The Enchanted Castle, which features magical rings that convey invisibility/strength/beauty and wishes going awry, but no one explodes and there's no witch."