Play Book Tag discussion

Man, I Hate Cursive: Cartoons for People and Advanced Bears
This topic is about Man, I Hate Cursive
Archive: Other Books > Man, I Hate Cursive by Jim Benton

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megalion | 484 comments This is a compilation of funny cartoons ranging from quick sketches to detailed ones for print.

Wonderful sense of humor. Easy recommend.

Thanks to the publisher for the free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

message 2: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2815 comments That title sounds custom made for my youngest child.

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7004 comments But cursive has been proven to help develop the brain in ways printing doesn't, even if kids hate it (I didn't because it was what the big kids did. We learned to print in grade 1, to write in italics in grade 2 and FINALLY in grade 3 we got to do cursive!! This was during the K-3 period when I LOVED school.

Megalion | 484 comments Lmao.

Definitely not for children. Mainly because most of the concepts will go over their head.

message 5: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2815 comments It's ok. My youngest child is 21.

message 6: by Karin (last edited Oct 03, 2016 03:20PM) (new)

Karin | 7004 comments Megalion wrote: "Lmao.

Definitely not for children. Mainly because most of the concepts will go over their head."

Jgrace wrote: "It's ok. My youngest child is 21."

LOL! My youngest is 16 and despite working and working to get him to learn cursive, it never happened. He's a lefty so I used one good for that, but he was also the youngest so I guess I was a bit soft on him. I worked and worked on it for a year or two at most.

Megalion | 484 comments Well, my brother was atrocious even at printing but got better quickly at the beginning of his adult life. Presumably as he started working? He is 24 now. Maybe same will be true for him when it really starts to matter on how he appears to the world.

message 8: by Karin (last edited Oct 08, 2016 06:15AM) (new)

Karin | 7004 comments Megalion wrote: "Well, my brother was atrocious even at printing but got better quickly at the beginning of his adult life. Presumably as he started working? He is 24 now. Maybe same will be true for him when it re..."

If he remembered how, I'd agree with you, but he's forgotten. He'd have to want to learn and set a personal goal, but we'll see if that happens.