Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Where to put a reference statement on a cover?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tara Woods Turner Hi guys. Okay. I am working with my designer on the cover of my next book, which is #2 in a 3 part series. I want to say something like "From the bestselling author of blah blah!" on the cover to tie in the brand and create a positive association. But where to put this? As you can see from my first book's cover there is not a lot of room and I want to put it where it will be seen. All the books in the series will have a similar cover. Thank you in advance for your help. Beyond Good Manners: How to Raise a Sophisticated Child

message 2: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) At the very top. It will be a very small type, so you won't be able to read it on a thumbnail.

Tara Woods Turner You're right...I wonder if it's worth it for the digital cover. I think it will look nice on the pb though...

message 4: by Ram (new)

Ram (ram_muthiah) | 11 comments I would still put it on the digital cover. When readers enlarge the image, they can see it. When the font is small, it will also give an incentive for the readers to click on the image to enlarge it.

Tara Woods Turner Ram wrote: "I would still put it on the digital cover. When readers enlarge the image, they can see it. When the font is small, it will also give an incentive for the readers to click on the image to enlarge it."

Interesting...I like it!

message 6: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) You have some description you can play around with below the picture. You can say, "Best selling author, sequel to....

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) Having never had a best seller, I can't advise, but I would look at books by other best-selling authors to see what they did. You might get a lot of ideas.