Drop Everything And Read discussion

Lost in the Future > Traveller's Journal: An Unknown Future - June

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tawallah (last edited Oct 01, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Tawallah Summary :

At the chance to travel afar and experience distant time, June hesistates before pushing her blue button. Where will she end up? Will she be able to return to 2016 with new eyes or will she be forced to live and adapt to strange and yet familiar peoples? Well, at least I'm not completely alone. Here are some memorable or if needed fuel for my journey. After all, one must be prepared..... like a true bookworm. Here goes:

message 2: by Tawallah (last edited Oct 05, 2016 09:33PM) (new)

Tawallah Task 1:
READ A BLUE BOOK
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent - completed October 5
Rating : 3.75 *
It intrigued me about Iceland and the hardships of women in 1820-1830s. And I think Agnes is guilty despite the empathy that Kent make you feel towards the character.

message 3: by Tawallah (last edited Oct 23, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

Tawallah Task 2 :
READ A BOOK SET in THE FUTURE

Qualify (The Atlantis Grail, #1) by Vera Nazarian set in 2047
COMPLETED 23 October 2016
Rating : 3*
Good start to the series. Reminded me of Red Rising without the high body count. Future sure seems to be one of the survival of the fittest.

message 4: by Tawallah (last edited Dec 11, 2016 02:42PM) (new)

Tawallah TASK 3
Read a book where someone steals something

City of Thieves by David Benioff : completed December 10, 2016
Rating: 3.5 *
World War 2 novel - yes please. Russian setting- of course. Enjoyed this one, but not a fan of some of the crudity.
Can't remember who recommended this one, saw it on YouTube and then saw it in my library.

message 5: by Tawallah (last edited Dec 11, 2016 02:46PM) (new)

Tawallah Task 4
Read a book where protagonist is unemployed or looking for a job

Love and Muddy Puddles by Cecily Paterson . Coco is teenager who ends up doing odd jobs and chores in the south of Australia. This one is hard to rate. I could not stand how mean Coco was initially, and it put me off reading this book. But she learns a valuable lesson and ending up loving her horse Cupcakes. But I am getting burnt out with ya novels now, and I'm sad about that.