Devon Book Club discussion

Bits and Bobs > Courses

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue | 342 comments I have signed up for a free course with futurelearn about Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez. I have tried a couple of his books but find them quite a challenge so thought I'd give this a go! Anyone else fancy it?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Shuker (kathyshuker) | 527 comments Sue wrote: "I have signed up for a free course with futurelearn about Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez. I have tried a couple of his books but find them quite a challenge so thought I'd give this a go! A..."

I've just looked at the course, Sue. It looks fascinating. Sadly I don't have the time at the moment to do it justice. Hope you enjoy it. Have you studied with futurelearn before?

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian | 3089 comments Mod
Sue wrote: "I have signed up for a free course with futurelearn about Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez. I have tried a couple of his books but find them quite a challenge so thought I'd give this a go! A..."

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Sue. Looks fantastic and I am very tempted as I love Marquez but I cant quite see how much time it will take. Have you worked that out?

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue | 342 comments Kathy -. Yes i have, but life got in the way and i didnt complete them. Now settled want to redo them. I did the first few about Shakespeare and the Irish history was really interesting. One of the most interesting parts is the comments by other participants. There was a really got mixture of reading, videos and discussion.

Ian -6 hours a week for 6 weeks. Looks like there is going to be another one tba which focuses on love which will be 4 hours a week.

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian | 3089 comments Mod
Sue wrote: "Kathy -. Yes i have, but life got in the way and i didnt complete them. Now settled want to redo them. I did the first few about Shakespeare and the Irish history was really interesting. One of the..."

Thanks I'll have a look and see if I can squeeze it in

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Hobbs | 222 comments Futurelearn courses are very accessible, and you can keep them stored on your computer to view at any time, which is great.

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian | 3089 comments Mod
Sue wrote: "Kathy -. Yes i have, but life got in the way and i didnt complete them. Now settled want to redo them. I did the first few about Shakespeare and the Irish history was really interesting. One of the..."

Looked at the course again - don't think I've time to read everything before the course starts - will you - or are you just giving it a go anyway?