Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Looking for a Project? > Publisher imprint "series" needs cleaning up and removing

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments https://www.goodreads.com/series/1787...

Books need titles correcting and the series removing. The "series" title can be moved to the edition field, and if anyone wants to make a listopia of this, well it'll need two people because there are too many books.

Fair chance most of the authors on this have other books with similar issues too.

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14582 comments Should the librarian who added the series be notified? Maybe they'd like to make a listopia.

message 3: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments lethe wrote: "Should the librarian who added the series be notified? Maybe they'd like to make a listopia."

Probably. I didn't even look if it was one person or just had built up over time.

I'll send a pm.

message 4: by Kamryn (new)

Kamryn Koble (kamrynkoble) | 22 comments What is the problem with these books? I would be interested working on it, but I'm not clear on what needs fixed.

message 5: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments This is not a series, it's publisher branding (an imprint) and doesn't apply to all the editions of each book listed. The fact they're numbered is a little deceptive, but a lot of publisher imprints maintain internal numbering (and not just romance books, it's common in sci-fi for instance.)

The most obvious way to tell is that many of them have also been published as "Silhouette Sensation" or some other Silhouette imprint as well, or have had rights reverted and been republished by entirely other publishers.

As to what needs doing:
1. The (First Love from Silhouette ##) needs removing from each title,
2. That can be moved (without parentheses) to the Edition field.
3. Once that's done they can be removed from the series. (Edit on the series page, click remove on the books as appropriate) Or,
3a. We can wait until all the books are done, and just delete the series.

If you're feeling really energetic, while you're doing #1 and #2, check the other editions if there are any, there's often other similar edition-info-in-the-title floating around. And if you're really really energetic, hit the author page, if they have one of these, they usually have a dozen or more.

message 6: by Kamryn (new)

Kamryn Koble (kamrynkoble) | 22 comments Thank you! I can tackle some of this.

message 7: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Awesome!

Don't wear yourself out on it! (I've done a few, and I see some big gaps in the numbering, so I guess others have too, but I'm kind of tied up this week and don't have much time spare, hence posting it here.)

message 8: by Kamryn (new)

Kamryn Koble (kamrynkoble) | 22 comments I'm working on this, and also fixing grammatical typos in the descriptions. They're a bit of a mess.

message 9: by Kamryn (new)

Kamryn Koble (kamrynkoble) | 22 comments Also, many don't even have official ISBNs in.