Book Review Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BOOK REVIEW POOL > Contact A Moderator

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kari (new)

Kari Nelson (karinelson) | 1148 comments Do you have an issue that you need to speak with a Moderator about? Please submit here or Private Message one of the Moderators to have it resolved Privately.

This is just another friendly thread for people who need questions answered that don't fit into the pool swap or include my book thread. Such as, but not limited to contacting a reader about a review.

Play nice

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Ginther (karengraham) | 37 comments When my book was up for review it got one offer to read and then was crossed off the list. Why do others get 3 or 4?

message 3: by Attila (new)

Attila Benő (attilabeno) | 1060 comments Karen wrote: "When my book was up for review it got one offer to read and then was crossed off the list. Why do others get 3 or 4?"

When you review 1 work of someone else, you get 1 review. When you review 2 different works for others, you get 2 reviews. Etc.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Ginther (karengraham) | 37 comments Oh, I see. Thanks.

message 5: by Kari (new)

Kari Nelson (karinelson) | 1148 comments Karen wrote: "Oh, I see. Thanks."

Yes, Karen. What Attila stated. Some people read fast (I'm not one of them) Then their books are put into the pool multiple times for added reviews based upon how many books they have reviewed.
Thank you for your question.
Kari

message 6: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Crowe (ellie2) | 27 comments Hi Kari,

Somehow I am not receiving the messages from the people wanting to review my book. The latest one is Ann Pratley - Could you please ask her to email me directly so i can send her a copy. I dont have her email thank you - Elliecrowe1@gmail.com Flirting with Danger by Ellie Eden

message 7: by Kari (new)

Kari Nelson (karinelson) | 1148 comments Ellie wrote: "Hi Kari,

Somehow I am not receiving the messages from the people wanting to review my book. The latest one is Ann Pratley - Could you please ask her to email me directly so i can send her a copy. ..."

I've sent you here email in a message to you by email as well as in the forum, and here. Ellie,
Here email is the solacola22@yahoo.co.nz

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

To Kari,

I asked to review, 'Good Doing Evil', but find it is not to my liking and prefer not to finish it.
Would you please return it to the pool and I will select another one.

Thanks, Simon.

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Claridge (saraclaridge) | 1942 comments Thanks Simon I will do.

message 10: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Landeros | 38 comments Can I get a correction on the books available to review please? it says my book Reverence is only available in PDF when it's actually available in all formats.

message 11: by Sacha (new)

Sacha Valero (sachavalero) | 2107 comments Joshua wrote: "Can I get a correction on the books available to review please? it says my book Reverence is only available in PDF when it's actually available in all formats."

Hi Joshua,

I've updated the formats and re-posted.

Sacha

message 12: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Bentley (hellno) | 8 comments Sacha wrote that my book was included in Pool #64 but I cannot see it anywhere.
The book for review is Dilemma
Thanks!

message 13: by Sacha (new)

Sacha Valero (sachavalero) | 2107 comments Stephen wrote: "Sacha wrote that my book was included in Pool #64 but I cannot see it anywhere.
The book for review is Dilemma
Thanks!"

Hi Stephen,

Sorry about that. I missed a step, but it's there now.

Sacha

message 14: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Bentley (hellno) | 8 comments Thanks

message 15: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Henderson (citizenhenderson) | 1 comments Hi,

I’d like to participate in the reading/review exchange, but when I go to the Pool #77 post, I can only see one book available (currently The Decent). This is maybe some technical knowledge I’m lacking. Do I need to expand the list somehow? (When I click at the bottom it only goes to the commenter’s profile).

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara Claridge (saraclaridge) | 1942 comments Hi Nathaniel - not sure why you're only seeing one book. Here's the link just in case there was something wrong with the one you followed. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... My other suggestion if you're still not seeing several books is to try a different device.

Let me know if you're still having problems.
Sara

message 17: by Sacha (new)

Sacha Valero (sachavalero) | 2107 comments Hi Nathaniel,

Sara's correct. There are currently over 20 books available. The list is the first post in a regular thread like this so there's no need to expand anything.

Sacha

message 18: by Jeannette (new)

Jeannette (goodreadscomjeannette-hanby) | 13 comments Hello from a reader who needs some guidance. I finally see a book available I’d like to read and review - Love In and Out of Lockdown. But how do I get a copy? Do I buy it on Amazon? Can the author send me a pdf? When I press the link, it goes to goodreads site, not really a way to read the book. Please advise.
Jeannette

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara Claridge (saraclaridge) | 1942 comments Hi Jeannette - in the thread leave a comment of the book you would like to read and the format you'd prefer and your email address - you'll see different books have different formats available. If you don't want to add your email address you can message me directly. FYI - I've just set up the pool on a new link (it's an admin thing) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I hope this answers your question.

Sara

message 20: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Kalis | 23 comments Hello,

I would like to participate in the review pool but I can only post reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.nl, no Amazon.com. Is this a problem?
Please let me know if I am still eligible to participate.
J.A.

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara Claridge (saraclaridge) | 1942 comments Hi JA. sorry for the delay in replying. There are now a few people that are happy with no .com reviews (it's in the extra info section at the end of each book listed in the pool). It really is up to the author. My suggestion would be to either choose one of these books or ask if the author is happy with where you can post either directly or in the thread.

I'm wide so I like having reviews all over the place.

In principle the .com is there because that's what so many people want, but if the author is okay with reviews elsewhere then I don't have a problem.

Kind regards
Sara

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.