What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Y/A book about a babysitter and abused child. Possible SPOILERS ahead... [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika | 5 comments Hi there! I read this around 1992, 1993? It's about a teen babysitter who thinks her charge (a little girl, around age 4) is being abused by her mother. I remember something about her having a bruise on her forehead maybe? I hope I'm not being too vague. I thought the name of it was something like "I'll Never Leave You" but I can't find anything about it when I google.

Thank you for any suggestions! :)

message 2: by Zwervers (new)

Zwervers | 17 comments I believe you're looking for "I Won't Let Them Hurt You" by Linda Barr.

https://www.amazon.com/Wont-Let-Them-...

The babysitter sees the young child force-feed his teddy bear and hurt his mouth with a spoon; the mom of the child is young, somewhat regretful about her marriage, and lends clothes to the babysitter that the babysitter can't afford on her own, like a jean jacket.

[Spoilers]

Ultimately, the babysitter reports the child abuse and a social worker visits the home.

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika | 5 comments Thank YOU!!!!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36026 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Erika. Here's the link for Zwervers's find - I Won't Let Them Hurt You by Linda Barr.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I Won't Let Them Hurt You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Linda Barr (other topics)