YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Ulna (M)- Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 372 (372 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Andy (last edited Jul 29, 2016 03:03PM) (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Team Ulna

Andrea- checked in
Danii- checked in
Maddison- checked in
Courtney- checked in

Check in before August 1st! Can't wait to see what everyone is reading!

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Hi everyone :)

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Hey Courtney! Looks like we're on the same team again :D

message 4: by Danii (new)

Danii (itsdanii) | 985 comments Hey guys! :D

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Yay! Danii as well :) Hopefully the stupid reading slump dont get me in this challange. I will be making a list sometime today of books I wanna read, and post them here later.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Courtney wrote: "Yay! Danii as well :) Hopefully the stupid reading slump dont get me in this challange. I will be making a list sometime today of books I wanna read, and post them here later."

Awesome! I have a list, but I can't post it right now since I'm at work

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Danii wrote: "Hey guys! :D"

Hiya! lol

message 8: by Danii (new)

Danii (itsdanii) | 985 comments I'm so excited for this team! I've been somewhat in a reading slump too for about a week /: I've just been too lazy to read. But hopefully that changes this month! I'll post my reading list later too (:

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments We can do it guys! Beat the reading slumps!! :D

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Here's the BRs I'm hoping to participate in
1st- Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton
2nd- The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder
4th- Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder
7th- The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan
9th- Moon Chosen by P.C. Cast Crash (Crash, #1) by Nicole Williams
12th- Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3) by Ransom Riggs
15th- Conversion by Katherine Howe
25th- Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty

Others: Fire study, Shadow Study, Night Study, Sea Glass, Spy Glass.
I know there's some others I want to read for the reading bee so I'll post those in a bit!

message 11: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Oh we should also pick a number to start with! I was thinking 13?

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Andrea wrote: "Oh we should also pick a number to start with! I was thinking 13?"

I am okay withwhatever number you guys want. By the way this is my FAVORITE challange so I am hoping it brings me out of this slump.

message 13: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Courtney- This challenge looks hella fun so I'm excited!!

message 14: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments I was thinking that we should do 113 instead of 13 since it's a pretty popular number. Any objections?

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Andrea wrote: "I was thinking that we should do 113 instead of 13 since it's a pretty popular number. Any objections?"

Nope.

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Andrea wrote: "Courtney- This challenge looks hella fun so I'm excited!!"

It is. This is one I look forward to every year.

message 17: by Andy (last edited Jul 28, 2016 07:59PM) (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Also here's the other books I'm going to try to read in august: Glass (Crank, #2) by Ellen Hopkins Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 99 Days by Katie Cotugno Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr Landline by Rainbow Rowell Glow (Sky Chasers, #1) by Amy Kathleen Ryan Evertrue (Everneath, #3) by Brodi Ashton Everbound (Everneath, #2) by Brodi Ashton

If you need any help finding titles for the Mega Month Reading Bee Challenge please let me know, I love looking for books :D

message 18: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Courtney wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Courtney- This challenge looks hella fun so I'm excited!!"

It is. This is one I look forward to every year."

Wonderful!!! :D This is my being way too pumped. Lol.

message 19: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48405 comments Mod
Hey :D Yay I know all of you guys haha. Sorry for the late check-in.

Do you want the list of books I'm going to be reading?

message 20: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Maddison wrote: "Hey :D Yay I know all of you guys haha. Sorry for the late check-in.

Do you want the list of books I'm going to be reading?"

You're not late at all! :) If you have any plans about what you are reading then yes!

message 21: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Okay I put down 113 as our first pick!

message 22: by Maddie (new)

What does that mean? :p

Alright well starting tomorrow (1st) I'm reading Cruel Crown and then straight after Glass Sword.
6th The One
Within the completion of The One and the starting of the next book, I'll try and finish A Court of Thorns and Roses and possibly start The Edge Chronicles 1: The Curse of the Gloamglozer: First Book of Quint
On the 13th I'm reading The Rose & the Dagger
And then I need to read One Day You'll Know
The Edge Chronicles 2: The Winter Knights: Second Book of Quint
The Edge Chronicles 3: The Clash of the Sky Galleons: Third Book of Quint

message 23: by Maddie (new)

But we'll just see how that goes :p

message 24: by Maddie (new)

I make no promises, and might swap and change a few possibly. I'll let you know what I'm reading when I get to them.

message 25: by Danii (new)

Danii (itsdanii) | 985 comments So far I'm planning on reading the rest of the Bloodlines series if I don't finish it this month, then Throne of Glass on the 1st, Fire Study on the 6th, Moon Chosen on the 9th, and then I think Andrea and I are going to read the rest of the study series after Fire Study ☺️ those are my planned buddy reads so far.

message 26: by Maddie (new)

Ah awesome :) Yeah I also need to try and get through Heir of Fire sometime this month but I won't be able to count that OR ACOTAR seeing as I've started them already.

message 27: by Andy (last edited Jul 29, 2016 08:47PM) (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Maddison- I hope you love ACOTAR, the sequel is even more amazing!!!

113 is the title we'll start with. :)

message 28: by Maddie (new)

So they'll give us a title and author that is number 113?

And yeah I'm loving it :D

message 29: by Danii (new)

Danii (itsdanii) | 985 comments ACOMAF will forever be my favorite book <3333

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Oh gosh. One thing I don't get is why is Rhysand mentioned so much? In all of the like male elimination threads he's always there, and everyone seems to like him? I'm 67% through (view spoiler)

message 31: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Maddison wrote: "Oh gosh. One thing I don't get is why is Rhysand mentioned so much? In all of the like male elimination threads he's always there, and everyone seems to like him? I'm 67% through [spoilers removed]"

Just wait until ACOMAF, that's all we can say

message 32: by Maddie (new)

Ggggrrrrr so my predictions are correct.. She is so good with (view spoiler)

message 33: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Maddison wrote: "So they'll give us a title and author that is number 113?

And yeah I'm loving it :D"

They'll just give us something like "_______" and then we start guessing letters!

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Yeah alrighty thanks.

message 35: by Danii (new)

Danii (itsdanii) | 985 comments Just wait Maddison, it gets SO INTENSE when ACOMAF starts!! You'll love it! I don't want to spoil anything though c;

message 36: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Buddy reads I have planned:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer , My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand , An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir , Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Looking for buddies for these:
The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan , Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling , Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard , A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas , Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken , Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu , Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare , This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab , The Archived (The Archived, #1) by Victoria Schwab , Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley , Steelheart (Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

message 37: by Maddie (new)

I loved Red Queen! Hope you like it! I'm reading the novellas and the second one starting tomorrow. I can try and read ACOMAF with you Courtney, if you like? Just not sure when I'll get ACOTAR done, and when I'll get ACOMAF from the library.

I could also possibly read Firefight (Steelheart #2) if you get to it.

message 38: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Hey guys! The first puzzle is up on the review thread :D After you finish a book, you should try to take a guess on the puzzle since you can! I'm going to research some possibilities right now. Also the first book I'll be reading is The Sword of Summer so I'll probably guess S and then a vowel for my buddy read guess.

message 39: by Danii (new)

Danii (itsdanii) | 985 comments My first book will be The Fiery Heart (:

message 40: by Maddie (new)

I'm reading Cruel Crown, so I'll guess C I suppose. Do I just post on the Review thread which letter I'm guessing? Or do I need to guess a specific spot?

message 41: by Maddie (new)

And what is a bonus letter? I checked on the review thread and they want us to post that too?

message 42: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Maddison wrote: "I'm reading Cruel Crown, so I'll guess C I suppose. Do I just post on the Review thread which letter I'm guessing? Or do I need to guess a specific spot?"

You post your guess on the review thread when you post your review.

message 43: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Maddison wrote: "And what is a bonus letter? I checked on the review thread and they want us to post that too?"

Bonus letter is what you get when you do a buddy read. It can be any letter you like.

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Oh wow so if the book I read is a buddy read from this group then we can guess any letter? Awesome! But I'm not even sure if I'm reading any BRs in this group haha.

message 45: by Maddie (new)

So these are my books for this month if anyone wants to BR them so we can both guess bonus letters :p

Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard(reading now)
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (reading tomorrow/the next day)
The Curse of the Gloamglozer by Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell
The Rose and The Dagger be Renee Ahdieh
Circle of Stones by Catherine Fisher
One Day You'll Know by Lauren Brooke
Flash Flood by Chris Ryan

Those are what I've got planned. I'll read some extras though, I think.

message 46: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Just posted my first review.

message 47: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14687 comments Maddison check on the August buddy reads thread I think some people may be reading glass sword/cruel crown soon.

message 48: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11444 comments Second review posted. Starting Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling and My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand next and both are buddy reads.

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Awesome Courtney! So then you have 2 extra guesses! You're doing well.

I should have Cruel Crown done today. I'll make it a priority :) And I'll check out the August buddy reads. Thanks!

message 50: by Maddie (new)

Cool Rose and the Dagger's a BR in this group :D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.