A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

Archives > Choose For Me!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie Marie (new)

Jessie Marie (jessiemreads) Choose For Me!
Duration: Endless

This challenge is great if you want to give the choice to somebody else on what you should read next! I'll start us off with my own list of THREE (3) books. The next person to come along who wants to play will choose a book from my list for me to read and then post their own list of three. This will continue for as long as you/we want it to!

We'll use Jane and John as examples for how this works:

Jane wants to participate so she'll come to this thread and post a list of three books she's considering reading next as follows:

Harry Potter
Twilight
City of Bones

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

Then, John decides he wants to play as well because he has three books he wants to read but he's not sure which one to read next. But since Jane posted her list first, John first has to choose a book for Jane. So his post would like like this:

For Jane, I choose Harry Potter.

Here are my three!

Pride and Prejudice
Rebecca
Catcher in the Rye

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

A few hours later, Jane has finished Harry Potter (let's face it - it was a great read and a really fast one at that!). So now what? She wants to play again. And her post will look like this:

Thanks for the pick John! I read Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling on 7/27/16 and would rate it 4.5 stars out of 5 possible.

For John [who was the last person to post a list], I choose Pride and Prejudice! One of my favorites!

Now, here's another three for the next person to select from!
City of Bones
Twilight
Outlander

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

So on and so forth. I expect we'll have more than two people playing so this will get lengthy but it definitely eases the conflict of choice out of things.

CHALLENGE RULES

*For each book you list, please include a link to the title and/or cover. In the example above, if Jane had simply listed Harry Potter, John might not have known which one she meant!

* For each book you read, please indicate the title, the author and the date you finished reading it.

* Unless otherwise noted, books must be at least 150 pages long.

* Books may only be used for one task in this challenge, but cross-challenge posting is encouraged!

message 2: by Jessie Marie (last edited Jul 27, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Jessie Marie (jessiemreads) Reserved

message 3: by Jessie Marie (last edited Jul 27, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Jessie Marie (jessiemreads) I'll start us off! Can't wait to see what the next person chooses for me!

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
Prophecy by Ellen Oh

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Impulse (Impulse, #1) by Ellen Hopkins Prophecy (The Dragon King Chronicles, #1) by Ellen Oh

message 4: by Heather (last edited Jul 27, 2016 09:54PM) (new)

message 5: by Þórdís (new)

Þórdís (disa80) This is such a fun challenge :)

I pick Jack-in-the-Box for you Heather, hope you enjoy your spooky read

Can't wait for the next person to choose for me.

Dying for a Living (Jesse Sullivan #1) by Kory M. Shrum Dying for a Living

Saint/Sinner (Allie Krycek, #2) by Sam Sisavath Saint/Sinner

Fear University by Meg Collett Fear University

message 6: by Laura (last edited Jul 29, 2016 05:18PM) (new)

Laura | 4 comments For Þórdís, I choose Dying for a Living. I have never heard of this one before, but the description is pretty cool!

The next person's choices for me is:
Occult America: The Secret History of How Mysticism Shaped Our Nation
Occult America The Secret History of How Mysticism Shaped Our Nation by Mitch Horowitz
The Six Wives of Henry VIII
The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir
The Haunting of Twentieth-Century America
The Haunting of Twentieth-Century America by William J. Birnes

message 7: by Teresa (last edited Jul 29, 2016 10:00PM) (new)

Teresa (sweettreads) | 87 comments I so wanna play! For Laura I will choose Occult America. Sounds interesting. Please let me know how you like it!

Here are my three choices:

Brightwood
Brightwood by Tania Unsworth

Tyrannosaur Canyon
Tyrannosaur Canyon (Wyman Ford #1) by Douglas Preston

The Girls
The Girls by Emma Cline

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Thanks Þórdís for picking Jack-in-the-Box! I finished it last night (August 4). I haven't written my review on GoodReads yet, but I think I'll rate it 3 (really a 3.5).

For Teresa, I pick Tyrannosaur Canyon! That sounds really interesting.

I feel like reading a non-fiction. Which should I read?

A Vegan Ethic: Embracing a Life of Compassion Toward All
A Vegan Ethic Embracing a Life of Compassion Toward All by Mark Hawthorne

Marie Antoinette's Darkest Days: Prisoner No. 280 in the Conciergerie
Marie Antoinette's Darkest Days Prisoner No. 280 in the Conciergerie by Will Bashor

Extraordinary Creatures: The Films, Notebooks, and Collections of Guillermo del Toro
Extraordinary Creatures The Films, Notebooks, and Collections of Guillermo del Toro by Guillermo del Toro