Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

General > Are you so addicted to books that you cry whenever you don't have a book to read?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 44 comments That sometimes happens to me. Whenever I don't have a book to read and I can't buy more, I feel like crying. I know, embarrassing. Does that happen to u too sometimes? I hope I'm not the only one! I feel I'm weird. I'm SOOO bookcrazy!!

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments I get agitated

message 3: by Lin (new)

Lin | 266 comments I own over 1200 books in my TBR. I don't think I will ever have to worry about not having something to read .

message 4: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I get antsy sometimes too, but I try to always make sure I've got something from my audiobook queue going when I'm at work and something in my purse too. I feel naked without a book in my purse. And I did get agitated yesterday bc there were so many people at work (we usually only have 4 people here and there were like 8) and it was hectic so I couldn't focus on my audio and it made me sad.

message 5: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (bluestocking86) | 21 comments I think I can relate to everyone here in some way. I love my books. I love to read. Always looking for a new read. I am unhappy if I don't have a book, a physical paper book, to read and I don't have the dollars for a new one. Yet I have hundreds of books on my kindle (99% free books) so I am really never without. Yet if I can't hold the book in my hand (holding kindle doesn't count in my world) I may as well not have a book.

message 6: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 44 comments Are u addicted to buying books? Cos I kind of am. I'd rather buy books than borrow. I love seeing them on my shelf. I hate when ppl ask me y I don't go to the library instead. I do, sometimes. But I mostly buy. What do u think?

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) No, but I rarely run out of books to read. The only time I won't have something to read is if I forgot a book on the run. With my TBR list being over 2000 I doubt I'll ever run out of reading material thankfully.

message 8: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (bluestocking86) | 21 comments YES! And if anyone ever starts a 12 step program to cure the urge to buy books, I Won't be signing up LoL. I use the library for certain books but others I just Have to own!

I am a bookaholic. I don't want cured.

message 9: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments I get frustrated with myself when I forget to take a book or my Kindle with me. Usually it's because I'm going somewhere where I think I won't be able to read and then (sigh) I end up so annoyed with myself because I should have taken a book.

message 10: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 44 comments Jeanine wrote: "YES! And if anyone ever starts a 12 step program to cure the urge to buy books, I Won't be signing up LoL. I use the library for certain books but others I just Have to own!

I am a bookaholic. I ..."

Oh same! Thank God I'm not the only one! Sometimes I feel like an alien in the family, haha. :p

message 11: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Shaver | 13 comments Same with me. That's the amount of books I have on my Kindle. I'm not even gonna estimate how many physical books I have. I think I have at least enough books to read every day for five years.

message 12: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (bluestocking86) | 21 comments Let me turn the question around a little. So we all agree we are book buying addicts. Now, after you read those books, then what? Keep them? Pass them on? Sell them?

message 13: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 44 comments I would keep them. I would never give them away.

message 14: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments I'm trying to keep it down to what fits in my bookcases but I don't seem to be very successful. Two piles on the media unit and a small box of ten that are supposed to go to Goodwill but I keep thinking I just might find a place to put them. I did take about 170 books to Goodwill about six months ago and I'm still recovering from that trauma.

message 15: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Shaver | 13 comments I pass on or sell most. If on Kindle, I delete it.

message 16: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 44 comments Seriously??? I would keep them! It would break my heart to give them away!

message 17: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Shaver | 13 comments I don't have the room, else I'd keep them too.

message 18: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments I can't remember ever wanting to read and not having a book :-)
Usually I bring one physical book with me AND I have my phone = ebooks and audiobooks :-)

I give away lots of books after having read them - usually all 1-3 star reads go - unless they are a special edition (Folio, Pushkin Press etc) or by a favourite author, I buy so many new books, that it's the only way I'll have space, and I have friends who love getting them :-)