What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA or New Adult romance I think. Read It in 2005. First book to a series. guy who goes to work on a horse farm as a punishment or rehabilitation because he is a thief.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 8 comments I read this book in 2005 I think. I'm not sure when it was published. It's about a guy who goes to work on a horse farm as a punishment or rehabilitation because he is a thief. He Starts working with the horses and finds he's good at it. He falls in love with the farmers daughter. At the end he gets forced by his old crew to rob the farmer. They threatened the daughter. After he robs the farmer and is on his way to meet the bad guys the farmer catches him and stops the other guys somehow. I don't remember how. I know it was the first to a series and the horses he worked with were mustangs. He trained them. In the first chapter the guy gets off of a train and the father and daughter are there waiting for him. Any help in finding this would be great. I've been looking for years.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36031 comments Mod
Rebecca, is this a contemporary or historical romance?

What did he steal? Was it a first-time offense?

message 3: by Rebecca (last edited Jul 27, 2016 03:18PM) (new)

Rebecca | 8 comments It's more contemporary i think I'm not sure what year it was suppose to take place in so I'm not sure if it's historical. He stole a safe or the money out of the safe. And it wasn't the first time stealing. That's why he was at the horse ranch. The crime he got arrested for that sent him to the horse ranch was a bank robbery I think.. I read this book over 10 years ago. If I knew all of the details I wouldn't need help finding it.

message 4: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 304 comments Was it hardcover or paperback? "Pony Club" which was a monthly books-and-stuff club published a lot of hardcover books about horses, so that might be a place to look. Most of their books had female protagonists though, since the club was aimed at girls.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 8 comments Isn't pony club more towards younger girls? Like preteen? The book I'm looking for was more romance. And I would say it's towards older teens/adults.

message 6: by Kris (last edited Dec 21, 2016 03:26PM) (new)

Kris | 36031 comments Mod
Amelia and the Outlaw by Lorraine Heath seems to match your description. Mustangs are mentioned in the book; the hero went to jail for robbing a bank.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40169 comments Mod
Rebecca, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Was it "Amelia and the Outlaw"?

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 8 comments Yes, I think it is. It sounds just like it. But does this have me have more books. I thought the one I read was the first in a series. I thought it advertised book two at the end. I could be wrong about that though. Because Amelia and the outlaw sounds right. Thank you. I’ve been looking for that book for soo long. Lol. It’s been driving me crazy.

message 9: by Kris (last edited Sep 29, 2019 08:53AM) (new)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Amelia and the Outlaw (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lorraine Heath (other topics)