Stephen King Fans discussion

The Random - Discussion Threads > Wondering about different editions/covers of books?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) So I have been searching for a particular edition of Carrie. I just recently purchased a copy of Salem's Lot from Thrift Books and the cover has almost a cartoonish look to it. I have also seen this type of cover on EBay for The Shining and I have seen the cover for Carrie, but I can't find it anywhere online. The cover is listed on Stephen Kings website as a "trade paperback" and was published by either Gallery Books or Pocket books in 09/2000. If anyone knows what I am talking about (you can Google the cover or visit his website) and has seen this edition for sale online anywhere, I would love to find it. Carrie is my all time favorite and I am on a mission to collect every edition. P.S. I didn't have any luck finding it on EBay! Thanks!

message 2: by Squire (new)

Squire (srboone) | 11 comments Can you post a pic of what it looks like?

message 3: by David (new)

David Brown (r2drivenimpala) | 3 comments Found this listing on abebooks Carrie

message 4: by Don (new)

Don I really dislike those covers. If I didn't know the stories were really good I'd not buy them looking like that. What were they thinking!

message 5: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 4104 comments Don wrote: "I really dislike those covers. If I didn't know the stories were really good I'd not buy them looking like that. What were they thinking!"

I don't like them either! I also dislike these: Cujo by Stephen King

message 6: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 926 comments When you are on Goodreads and you are on a book's GR page, you can see all the editions of a book. Just click on 'All Editions.'

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Also, if you click 'add book/author' above the comment box you can also choose witch edition you want displayed. For example, I own this edition which I bought in 1976 when I saw it on a spinner rack at the airport.

Carrie by Stephen King

If you can post which cover you are looking for, it will be easier. There are a lot of different covers.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) Thank you I actually found it used on Amazon after a great many hours of searching. I think it's a unique cover and I am in the process of collecting every edition of Carrie which is why I was hunting for this one. Thanks for the information and tips!

message 8: by Wes (new)

Wes Brown (wesbrown) | 16 comments I've slowly been working on acquiring every US trade edition of every King book and I don't know if I'll ever finish. It's pretty daunting and I know I'll never get my hands on some early editions if his earliest books but I'm a collector and spend a lot of time in used and second hand stores so I just pick them up when I see them. I'd say at this point I'm probably close to 50% of the way there.