Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2016 > August AOM Winner

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments The author of the month for August is Nalini Singh

message 2: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4532 comments Yay one of my favourites :D

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie M | 24 comments I've never read Nalini Singh. Can any fans out there recommend a good place to start? I see she has a few series. Thanks!!!

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Debbie wrote: "I've never read Nalini Singh. Can any fans out there recommend a good place to start? I see she has a few series. Thanks!!!"

I'd go with her Psy-Changling series. It's my favorite.

message 5: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments Darcy wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I've never read Nalini Singh. Can any fans out there recommend a good place to start? I see she has a few series. Thanks!!!"

I'd go with her Psy-Changling series. It's my favorite."

Really Guild Hunter is mine.

Debbie you cannot go wrong :-)

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments Sandra wrote: "Yay one of my favourites :D"

Mine too!

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "Really Guild Hunter is mine."

That series took a bit to grow on me, it was like book 3 or so when I really started to look forward to them, instead of just grabbing them when I could.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments I'm absolutely in love with this authors Psy-Changeling series.

But I need to revisit and push past book on for the Guild Hunter series.

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie M | 24 comments Darcy wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I've never read Nalini Singh. Can any fans out there recommend a good place to start? I see she has a few series. Thanks!!!"

I'd go with her Psy-Changling series. It's my favorite."

Great, thanks!!

message 10: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4532 comments I love both series, but Guild Hunter would be my favourite of the two :)

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne | 318 comments I also have not read any of her books. What is the difference in the two series mentioned?

message 12: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4532 comments Each book in the PsyChangeling series focuses on a new couple, with an overarching plot. It has 3 main groups - various shifter clans (wolves, cats, birds, rats, aquatic), super human psy with little emotion (telekinetic, medical, assassin, telepathic, logical) and connected psychically and ordinary humans.

Guild Hunter is basically angels, vamps & enhanced humans (ordinary humans play little part in the storyline) and has 2 main characters, with books from #4 about secondary characters, and the occasional book thereafter going back to the main characters. The secondary characters play an important part right from book #1 and a certain angel with blue feathers' book is highly anticipated. There is also an overarching plot in this series.

message 13: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments That is a great way to explain both series Sandra!

message 14: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4532 comments :D Thanks Darcy

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne | 318 comments Sandra wrote: "Each book in the PsyChangeling series focuses on a new couple, with an overarching plot. It has 3 main groups - various shifter clans (wolves, cats, birds, rats, aquatic), super human psy with litt..."

Thank you so much for the info. The Guild Hunters looks the most interesting to me right now.

message 16: by Tina (last edited Jul 31, 2016 12:56AM) (new)

Tina Bartz | 606 comments I started with the Guild Hunter series and then back-tracked and started reading the Psy-Changeling series. They are both really good, but different. If I had to choose between the two, through, it would have to be Guild Hunter, because I started with this series and I absolutely love the two main characters and the world-building. I have not read any of the Rock Kiss series because I am currently not into straight contemporary novels that much. (Susan Elizabeth Phillips is one of the notable few exceptions.)

message 17: by Anne (new)

Anne | 318 comments Tina wrote: "I started with the Guild Hunter series and then back-tracked and started reading the Psy-Changeling series. They are both really good, but different. If I had to choose between the two, through, it..."

Thanks for the additional info. I am not into Contemporary Novels either.

message 18: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4532 comments I read the first one Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1) by Nalini Singh and it was OK but I'm not into contemporary novels anymore. So I didn't read any more of them.

message 19: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments Sandra wrote: "I read the first one Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1) by Nalini Singh and it was OK but I'm not into contemporary novels anymore. So I didn't read any more of them."

That was one I just could not get into. Honestly the fact she was a virgin and he was a rock star was just to much for me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rock Addiction (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nalini Singh (other topics)