YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Saving Hamlet
This topic is about Saving Hamlet
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Saving Hamlet by Molly Booth -- Starting October 17th 2016

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Emma Allen couldn't be more excited to start her sophomore year. Not only is she the assistant stage manager for the drama club's production of Hamlet, but her crush Brandon is directing, and she's rocking a new haircut that's sure to get his attention. But soon after school starts, everything goes haywire. Emma's promoted to stage manager with zero experience, her best friend Lulu stops talking to her, and Josh--the adorable soccer boy who's cast as the lead--turns out to be a disaster. It's up to Emma to fix it all, but she has no clue where to start.

One night after rehearsal, Emma stays behind to think through her life's latest crises and distractedly falls through the stage's trap door . . . landing in the basement of the Globe Theater.

It's London, 1601, and with her awesome new pixie cut, everyone thinks Emma's a boy--even Will Shakespeare himself. With no clue how to get home, Emma gamely plays her role as backstage assistant to the original production of Hamlet, learning a thing or two about the theater, and meeting an incredibly hot actor named Alex who finds Emma as intriguing as she finds him. But once Emma starts traveling back and forth through time, things get really confusing. Which boy is the one for her? In which reality does she belong? Will Lulu ever forgive her? And can she possibly save two disastrous productions of Hamlet before time runs out?

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Please join Elizabeth and me in this buddy read!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments SO excited!

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "SO excited!"
Me too! I've been looking for a buddy reader for this book for months! :D

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments WHOOT! I'm settling in to get started reading!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 1%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 8%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 15%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 62%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 67%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 75%:

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 86%

(view spoiler)

message 13: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Sorry, got a late start. I'm still finishing Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1) by Danielle Paige and Unblemished by Sara Ella . But I'll multi-task... ;)

Chapter 1-2 (5%)
Elizabeth wrote: "1%:"
(view spoiler)

message 14: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 3 (11%)
(view spoiler)

I'm definitely interested and want to learn more.

message 15: by T.J. (last edited Oct 20, 2016 03:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "8%:"
(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Sorry, got a late start. I'm still finishing Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1) by Danielle Paige and Unblemished by Sara Ella. But I'll multi-task... ;)

Chapter 1-2 (5%)
Elizabeth wrote: "1%:"
Elizabeth w..."

Haha, no worries at all! I know how it goes. :D

Also, ALLLLLLL your questions shall be answered in time!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Chapter 3 (11%)

Quirky, interesting characters! I love Stanley!
I'm bummed that Lulu didn't get the role of Hamlet. I thought that would be an interesting new twist. Orphelia could have been a ma..."

Hahahaha I'm loving reading your comments now, having finished the book myself and knowing where the story leads. ;)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "8%:"
Elizabeth wrote: "Okay, the snark level in this book so far is EPIC. I'm loving Emma and her anxiety, I'm loving Lulu and her overdramatized everything, I even love Stanley s..."

No worries at all, hon--real life happens to us all. I just read SUPREMELY fast, so. XD

message 19: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "No worries at all, hon--real life happens to us all. I just read SUPREMELY fast, so. XD"

Thanks! I read SUPREMELY slowly! lol! (I also read too many books at one time! There's just so much to read, so little time... :D ).

Elizabeth wrote: "Hahahaha I'm loving reading your comments now, having finished the book myself and knowing where the story leads. ;)

Yay! I see you gave the book four stars -- that's good to see! (It's hard to get invested in a book when my buddy gives it the ole one or two star rating... ;) ).

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "No worries at all, hon--real life happens to us all. I just read SUPREMELY fast, so. XD"

Thanks! I read SUPREMELY slowly! lol! (I also read too many books at one time! There's ju..."

I gave it 4.75 total, actually! Silly goodreads and their whole star ratings, I always round down

message 21: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "15%:"
(view spoiler)

message 22: by T.J. (last edited Oct 29, 2016 10:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 11 (26%)

Okay. That was fun!
(view spoiler)

message 23: by T.J. (last edited Oct 29, 2016 01:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 12 (31%)
(view spoiler)

message 24: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 13 (34%)
(view spoiler)

message 25: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 21 (54%)
(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments TJ wrote: "Chapter 11 (26%)

Okay. That was fun!

I was kind of hoping Emma would tell Stanley. Stanley seems eccentric enough to buy into a trap door to the past scenario. I also soooo curious to discover w..."

HAHAHA right?! JOSH IS BAE! I love him lol

message 27: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Elizabeth wrote: "HAHAHA right?! JOSH IS BAE! I love him lol"

Yes!!! <3

message 28: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 23 (63%)
Great story!
(view spoiler)

message 29: by T.J. (last edited Oct 30, 2016 03:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 29 (77%)
(view spoiler)

message 30: by T.J. (last edited Oct 30, 2016 12:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Chapter 33 (87%)
omg! omg! omg!
(view spoiler)

message 31: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Finished
Fantastico! Brava! Bravo! Encore! Zugaben! ...and all that good stuff!

I really loved this story! What a fun idea! Vibrant, vivid and diverse characters whom I really felt I got a chance to know (view spoiler). Character development! Lots of fun surprises! Super!