Start by marking “Unblemished (Unblemished #1)” as Want to Read:

Unblemished

(Unblemished #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  644 Ratings  ·  296 Reviews

Published October 11th 2016 by Thomas Nelson/HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Unblemished, please sign up.
Olivia It's SUCH a good book! There is a romance but it is completely clean! HIGHLY recommend!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

I enjoyed the book for the most part but I was so confused with all of the people/things. You have the Soulless <--that's pretty obvious, Shields, Magnets, Physics, Callings, and there are many more. I couldn't keep up with them. And I don't remember what half of them do! I did love the shifters of course, I always love shifters. Some of them had some of these names too but I couldn't tell you who was who or what! My brain doesn't work that way!

**MILD SPOILERS**

So, Eliyana's mom dies or does
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley.)

This was a YA fantasy story featuring a girl with a distinguishing birthmark.

El was an okay character, although she was really self-conscious of her birthmark.

The storyline in this was about El finding out that more worlds existed other than the one she lived in, and finding out that he birthmark marked her out as special and that people were out to find her. I found this story really slow, and got quite c
Mary Weber
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blurbing this book cuz Sara is a sweet writing genius. That is all you need know. ;)
Trina (Between Chapters)
To clarify, this is 3.5 stars. Solidly good!

The author Sara Ella is my friend so I received a free advanced copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This is a YA urban fantasy with major fairy tale vibes, although it isn't a retelling. I think if you like the show Once Upon a Time you would really like Unblemished because they are similar in having other worlds where magic exists! The main theme here is Light vs.
Addy S.
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This.
Book.
Was.
Amazing.

I could hardly get myself out of Unblemished, to be honest. The book was easy to get into, especially since the book is in Eliyana Ember’s POV.
Speaking of Eliyana, what a character!!!

Overview:
-Violence: people dying, kidnapping, vivid fighting scenes, nearly drowning
-Blood/Gore: near-death experiences, vivid details of blood after getting an injury, someone being killed, and what they look like, broken bones
-Romance: several kisses, feelings, touching, but it’s all
Ashley Bogner
I've been interested in reading Unblemished for a while, so I was very excited when I got a copy for Christmas.

And....wow.

The plot was really unique! I've read a lot of fantasy books, and there were so many moments where I would stop and think, "Hmm. I have't seen that done before." Don't get me wrong, there were some typical YA cliches (particularly with the love triangle), but the premise itself was really interesting.

I also loved the writing style. Eliyana has a unique character voice, an
Leah Jay
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NON SPOILER REVIEW

Brief Synopsis:

Unblemished is a Young Adult Romantic Fantasy book about a young girl named Eliyana, who has a beautifully hideous mark covering one side of her face.

Eliyana is heartbroken when her mother, an ambitious artist, passes away without warning. One night, El leaves her New York brownstone for a quick walk, and a hooded figure follows her to Starbucks. After that, things go from weird to otherworldly.

Review:

The writing was very well done. I had no problem moving along
Rebekah Rodda
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, fantasy
Wow my brain got a workout with this book! What a complex plot. There is lots to love here: how birthmark she is ashamed of actually shows how special she is, that her goal is to rescue her mum, how the character of Ky unfolds, the importance placed on kissing, the interplay between El/Em and Ky and Joshua and the way information of the plot is revealed. I also really liked the name Kyaphus.

I didn't like all the (non-sexual) nudity.

There are some Christian concepts here that have influenced th
Tracey Dyck
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I was worried this book wouldn't live up to the very hype-y hype I've been seeing all over the internet, but it was actually super fun and cute and engrossing!

WHAT I LIKED:

-The writing style, which was pretty enough to appease my writer side and invisible enough to keep my reader side turning pages
-The Once Upon a Time feel to it--I love, love, love fairytales. Bonus points for fairytales being integrated into the real world.
-A surprisingly twisty plot. I mean, that ending. Wow.
-After much thoug
m a r y l i z
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ummmmmmmmm. Why did I read this and why do I kind of want to read the next book?

Oh boy....this is going to be a fun review. If you hate rants, I suggest you leave straightaway, old chap.

Lovely Things:

Okay, so the funny thing is...I don't hate this book. Nevermind the two-star rating or the status updates of me screaming into the night, I actually enjoyed parts of this book. I enjoyed it a lot more than most two-star reads.

- The setting. YES. This was very cool! I looooove urban fantasy and fou
Shantelle
Oh my, Book Two please! ^_^

Unblemished by Sara Ella was complex tale with an intriguing cast of characters! In a modern-day setting, we meet Eliyana, a teenage girl with a strange birthmark on her face. She lives with her single mother in New York ... and couldn't imagine that there's another world beyond hers, and her history and destiny are intricately entwined within it.

I really enjoyed it! It's a sort of time-travel (realm-travel) speculative fiction, with a generous dash of fairy tale, wher
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Eliyana has always recoiled from her own reflection in the mirror. But what if that were only one Reflection—one world? What if another world existed where her blemish could become her strength?
Zac
Jan 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
I need this book in my life. Like, now.

EDIT: HAAAAA IT HAS A COVER AND IT'S GLORIOUS. OCTOBER CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH.
Maddie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
It was really fun to read a book like this because it's been a while since I've read about a girl who's uninitiated to the fantasy world she lives in. If you liked 'The Mortal Instruments' and 'Once Upon a Time' then this is definitely for you. (Also, I was getting a lot of 'Twitches' vibes from this too, for anyone from the old school DCOM days!)

Fair warning: there's a lot of world building in this. So many terms to wrap your head around that are explained, but I'll definitely need a refresher
Rebekah
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book IS pretty unique and the world building is vibrant and fun. There were great things about this book that many people will like. It's fast paced busy which I like.

The world building was fun as it was contemporary but this story deals in Reflections or with parallel worlds. Not necessarily parallel PEOPLE but just worlds and these are called Reflections. It gets pretty complex which I appreciate big time, I enjoy a good unique world building and what makes this story so different. I like
Amber Stokes
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amber-s-kindle
Unblemished is a very interesting young-adult fantasy read! The story begins in modern-day New York with the heroine, Eliyana, in a state of shock and mourning at the loss of her mom. But grief quickly gives way to confusion and fear when friends become strangers...and strangers may or may not prove to be trustworthy.

This could potentially be a *spoiler* (you've been warned!), but let me just jump right in and say that this story pretty much contains the Mother of All Love Triangles. Now, some r
Abigayle Claire
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, mine
The beginning I wasn't so sure about. The last half was really neat and I think I finally understand it all. :P Good themes, lots of fairy tale and real life charm. Not my favorite writing style, but I got used to it. Eliyana wasn't my favorite at the beginning (but neither was Ky and geez look at me now). Joshua is so ... unpredictable and doublesided o.o In the end, this book is SO worth the read. Hopefully you'll connect to it quicker than I did--the only real reason it has 4 stars. The plot ...more
Olivia
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read my updated review on my blog!
Storm
Jan 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2018-tbr
Oh my goodness I need this now!!!!!! Sara Ella is one of my favorite BookTubers and I cannot wait to read her debut novel! This book sounds absolutely amazing. ^-^ Hugs to her on her success in the publishing world! :)
Emileigh Latham
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Briel
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Gabrielle
Holy cow, that was intense. I wasn't expecting Unblemished to be that good. I saw all the rave reviews on Goodreads, and felt skeptical. "Well, might as well give it a try, I suppose." I'm glad I did.

I'm normally not a fan of allegories--I suppose that only contributed to my skepticism. However, it was really well done here. Very subtle, and not in your face at all. I'm interested to see where the author takes it in following books. The entire story kept me riveted, and I couldn't wait to see wh
Alyssa
About the Book

Eliyana is used to the shadows. With a hideous birthmark covering half her face, she just hopes to graduate high school unscathed. That is, until Joshua hops a fence and changes her perspective. No one, aside from her mother, has ever treated her as normal. Maybe even beautiful. Because of J
Hope Ortego
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
To see my review over Unblemished look no further :) https://youtu.be/ilaQNNXFAiw

To add to my video review, I will say that the reason I am team Ky is the fact that I didn't fully buy into Joshua being a love interest. They felt more like friends than anything. I didn't ever see or feel a romantic connection with them.

Maybe that will change through the series, but for now, that's where I stand. :)

I also suggests all readers to go and watch at least two video's of Sara Ella's on her book tube ch
Faith M:)
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Mixed feelings...

Negatives:

There was some violence, but nothing terrible.

There is a party with alcohol at the beginning of the book, and a bunch of people are drunk.

Several mentions of people dressing immodestly. A few shapeshifting girls being completely naked in front of a bunch of people after they change out of their “animal form”.

I’m not a huge romance fan. A little bit is ok for me, but this romance was too much for my personal taste. The kissing was VERY descriptive, and I
Serethiel
Oh, Unblemished. It seems so long since I've last been completely torn on how to rate a book.

Unblemished tells the story of Eliyana -- a high school senior with a ghastly birthmark that marks her face. She's never considered herself beautiful, and after her mother's death and recurring strange interactions with people she thought she new, her world comes crashing down... and she must be taken to another.

...Don't get me wrong: Unblemished was really good. Sara Ella seems a true wordsmith, and tho
Ivy Rose
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, this is the most beautiful hardback I own! The dust jacket is an absolute work of art...and it feels soo good to touch!!!

This story is so deep, thick, and original!!! Wowza! I'm still in awe. I so enjoyed the depth of the secondary characters, and the little details spread throughout the story. And the worldbuilding was fantastic! I could quite easily picture what Sara Ella was taking me through--even as a non-fanatasy person! I'm not a huge fan of fantasy, and often found myself a
Angela
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
** Update!
Here is the link to my fully spoiler free review

So excited for this book and so happy for my friend!
Ok so finally read this and I really really really liked it!
Stay tuned for my full review! It will be posted closer to release time! But go and preorder your book now you will not be disappointing!
Writing is my Superpower
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Heart wrenching.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Unblemished by Sara Ella -- Restarting September 23rd 2017 40 74 Aug 31, 2017 02:13AM
YA Debut Source: Unblemished Discussion 5 16 Jan 10, 2017 02:42PM
Coffee, Chapters ...: Unblemished 35 34 Oct 29, 2016 07:45PM
  • Queen (Realms of the Infinite, #2)
  • Spindle
  • Pip Bartlett's Guide to Unicorn Training (Pip Bartlett, #2)
  • Closer to the Chest (The Herald Spy, #3)
  • Conspiracy of Ravens (The Shadow, #2)
  • Out of Darkness Rising
  • Plenilune
  • A Time to Rise (Out of Time, #3)
  • We Know It Was You (Strange Truth, #1)
  • Destiny's Conflict (Wars of Light & Shadow #10; Arc 4 - Sword of the Canon, #2)
  • The Wall of Storms (The Dandelion Dynasty, #2)
  • Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)
  • Illusion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #3)
  • A Portrait of Emily Price
  • The Silent Songbird (Hagenheim, #7)
  • A Wish Made of Glass
  • Twinepathy (IDIA #1)
  • Embers (Abiassa's Fire, #1)
Once upon a time, SARA ELLA dreamed she would marry a prince (just call her Mrs. Charming) and live in a castle (aka The Plaza Hotel). Though her fairy tale didn’t quite turn out as planned, she did work for Disney—that was an enchanted moment of its own. Now she spends her days throwing living room dance parties for her two princesses and conquering realms of her own imaginings. She believes “Hap ...more

Unblemished (3 books)
  • Unraveling (Unblemished, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unblemished, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Girl on a Wire (Cirque American #1)
  • One Rainy Night
    $4.49 $0.99
“This entire time I've been closing myself off from love., but it's been the solution all along. I've built walls at every turn. No more.” 4 likes
“Death is a Calling all its own.” 3 likes