The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge discussion

Books, Movies and Music > Books in series order

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika (liljekonvalje) | 4 comments Hi Tali!
You can find two lists posted under Discussions -> General -> How It Works. If you are looking for a chronological list then choose the second list Black, White & Read Books. I hope this helps.
Now I have to see the first episode again to see the prop goof. I'm curious about which books made the list.

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika (liljekonvalje) | 4 comments I downloaded the pdf and assumed that it was correct. Honestly I have not compered the book list whit the series yet. It's on my to do list. (I'm working my way trough an other list at the moment.)
Hopefully someone in the group has found a complete and a chronological list and can help us out. Otherwise, we have to make one.

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Downs Tali wrote: "I've been looking for a chronological list of Rory's books but haven't found a complete one so I started with the first episode tonight. In my paying obsessive attention to the books in Rory's hand..."

Now I have to watch this episode and check it out! Good catch :)

message 4: by L (last edited Jul 19, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod
The only list I know of that does this, and the closest that I have found, is Black White and Read's list. I love her list, but I do think she might be missing a few. Between the Buzzfeed list and the BWR list, I've noticed there are some inconsistencies.

message 5: by L (new)

Tali wrote: "I think what books make the list is open to interpretation, especially chronologically. I think it would be fun to watch the episodes again (maybe one a week) with some online friends and compare n..."

That's a great idea! We could use this thread, or start a new one, and start at the beginning of the series. Maybe 2 episodes a week? Do you want to lead this Tali, I'd be happy to join in!

message 6: by L (new)

Tali wrote: "Sure. Just give me some pointers because this is all new to me. Also, I think starting a brand new thread might be the best. Don't you?"

Yes, I think a new thread would be easier! At the beginning of the week you can post which episodes you want to tackle and then after each episode post the books you find and everyone else can do the same! I will start a thread for you, and I'll title it "Gilmore Girls Book Search" or something along those lines :)

message 7: by L (new)

I just posted it!
Here you go: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...