The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge discussion

Gilmore Girls Show > Gilmore Girls Book Scavenger Hunt

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new)

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod
The Gilmore Girls Book Hunt/Scavenger Hunt is going to be hosted by Tali!

Here's how it works:
Each week Tali will let you know which episodes will be covered that week by a post in this thread
As you watch the episodes for that week be sure to keep a running list (in chronological order) of the books you see or hear mentioned (some are only referenced by a witty reference!)
After you finish an episode come post your list so everyone can compare

Post any questions below & enjoy!

message 2: by L (last edited Jul 20, 2016 05:20AM) (new)

You did awesome Tali! This is what I found:

On the Road, which was only a reference though made by Lorelai to the guy who came over to her table at Luke's.

Huckleberry Finn, which was the class assignment at Stars Hollow High.

Mistresses of Mellyn was at the top of the stack of books that came out of Rory's locker. I had to research and Google this one to actually get the title because it was blurry. I couldn't make out any of the other books in this scene.

Rosemary's Baby was one of the books that Dean picks up when helping Rory. Also, Moby Dick was mentioned by Dean when him and Rory are walking together. He says he noticed her reading this one. He also mentions she read Madam Bovery the week before.

Finally, the last one I picked up was The Little Match Girl. This one was made as a reference by Rory when she and Lorelei were standing in front of the Gilmore home.

message 3: by L (new)

I went ahead and did episode 2 as well and found the following:

Hunchback of Notre Dame, which was mentioned as a reference by Lorelei when her and Rory pulled up to Chilton.

The next several books came as a group as they were mentioned in Rory's first class at Chilton. They included War and Peace, Anna Karenina, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, Tale of Two Cities, and Little Dorrit.

The next book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but this was mentioned by Miss Patty, as the girls walked around her studio with books on their heads practicing balance.

message 4: by Jaid (new)

Jaid | 7 comments If there is still an interest in doing this, I would like to help get it going! I've been re-watching trying to find a reference for Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides because I bought it when I only knew about the RL on Buzzfeed.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Johnson | 311 comments Jaid wrote: "If there is still an interest in doing this, I would like to help get it going! I've been re-watching trying to find a reference for Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides because I bought it when I only k..."

I'm pretty sure she talks about George Eliot in reference to feminism with her 2 crazy friends when she is at Yale. They mention middlesex, but I'm not sure she was reading it. I don't know the episode though.