PenPal Readers discussion

Archive [Copy Cat Challenge] > August 2016 Copy Cat Challenge

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Duration: 1-31 August 2016
Partners will be assigned on the same day

Guidelines:
- In this challenge, participants are required to sign up first.
- The participants will later be paired up randomly
- You will find who your partner is below, once the pairings are posted
- Participants need to CHOOSE & READ at least one book that your partner has read (from their read shelves)
- When you finish, compare the rating your partner has given to the book and your rating.
- You complete the challenge when you finish reading the book. You will get one "complete" towards earning a prize!

Please post below if you are interested.

Please DO NOT sign up unless you are certain that you can participate.

message 2: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments sign me up please!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in!

message 4: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) I'm in!

message 5: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Mion wrote: "sign me up please!"

you're all set!

message 6: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Ellen wrote: "I'm in!"

good to go, ellen!

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Lissette wrote: "I'm in!"

Lissette you're set!

☆Joycedale☆ | 40 comments Me

message 9: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraax) | 11 comments Id love to join :)

message 10: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett me to

message 11: by coffee (new)

coffee induced madness | 30 comments i'm in!

message 12: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 32 comments Im in :)

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments I'm in!

message 14: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Keep signing up for this!!!

message 15: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Last chance to sign up! I'll be posting partners this weekend!

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (lethargicpoison) | 32 comments I'm interested again!

message 18: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (booksletusescape) I'm interested :)

message 19: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Yahoo! Assigning partners tonight!

message 20: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Here are the partners for the August CCC:

mion & michaela
ellen & stacey
lissette & tammie
tara & megan
iulia & joycedale
emma & tallulah

happy reading!

message 21: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) @Tammie, add me as a friend and I'll add you too.

message 22: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Tammie, from your shelf I pick The Raven Boys.
Here is my read bookshelf
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 23: by Tammie (new)

message 24: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Great, I can't wait to see what you think of it. :)

message 25: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 32 comments My partner is Emma and I have chosen Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
Emma's rating: 2 stars
My rating: TBD

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments My partner is Tallulah and I've chosen Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Tallulah's rating: 4 stars.
My rating: TBD

Michaela (Journey into Books) My partner is Mion and I've chosen to read Candide by Voltaire.

message 28: by Lissette (last edited Aug 26, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) My partner is Tammie and I've chosen The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Tammie's rating : 5 stars
My rating : 3 stars

message 29: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 40 comments I sent Iulia a friend request

message 30: by ☆Joycedale☆ (last edited Aug 28, 2016 06:37PM) (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 40 comments My partner is Iulia and I picked Bully (Fall Away, #1) by Penelope Douglas
Iulia gave it 5 stars
I give it 3 stars

I liked Jared but hated him at the same time. In a way I understood why he did what he did but that was his best friend! Then he finally realises how bad he hurts her when she does her speech? I just didn't find it believeable

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

My partner is Stacey!
I am gong to read Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna Baggott . Stacey rated it 3/5 STARS.

message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan (lethargicpoison) | 32 comments My partner is Tara and I will be reading All the Bright Places!

message 33: by coffee (last edited Aug 10, 2016 05:35AM) (new)

coffee induced madness | 30 comments My partner is ☆Joycedale☆.
I chose to read If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman
She gave it 4 stars
My rating: 4 stars

I'm happy I got the chance to read this book. I liked how the narration was structured and the emphasis put on music. I liked how the characters accepted and loved each other despite their differences, which is rather unlikely to happen nowadays, but most importantly there was no unneeded drama, which felt like a nice breath of fresh air.
However, I wasn't fully satisfied with the ending, therefore I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

message 34: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraax) | 11 comments My partner is Megan and i decided to read The Hobbit! I actually couldnt read last night and i finished the book (It was a re-read).
Megan gave it 4 star's and i give it 4 aswell!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I was very disappointed in Pure... I feel kind of mad that I spent 10$ on it. I only agree with 7% of Pure's readers. I found the start very vague and never felt satisfied with any of the descriptions and dialog. Did I finish it..... yes but barely. To start I am not a fan of multi character chapter form... not sure what you call that but ya that drove me nuts. I'm sorry... I didn't like it. If I hadn't finished it I may have given it 1 star but my rating is 2/5 STARS.

message 36: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments My partner is Michaela, and although it was also part of this month's book pool. I chose to read "Cinder" from this list. Because Goodreads kept recommending it to me for months with such vivid passion.

She rated it with 4/5 and so did I - although it's probably one of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long while. The idea didn't appeal to me at first, but I ended up reading all of the Lunar Chronicles in almost one go.

But since the book was also part of the book pool this month, I want to read at least one more book from her shelf! Maybe Game of Thrones, maybe something else. I haven't decided yet.

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmapalmave) | 37 comments My partner is Tallulah and I chose Lord of the Flies She rated it 4 stars and so did I. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to sit in my room to think about Piggy.

message 38: by Tallulah (new)

Tallulah Johnston (tallulah98) | 32 comments Okay my partner was Emma and I chose to read Luckiest Girl Alive.
Emma's rating: 2 stars
My rating: Also 2 stars
I didn't happen to finish this book either. Not because of the length or the style of story but because I plain and simple didn't like it. The writing I found was really well done and that is where my two stars come from but nothing else stood out to me from this book. I really didn't like Ani, at all.

message 39: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Reminder that this challenge will be ending pretty soon! Last chance to get started and earn those prize points (: Read something on your partner's list if you haven't already! And please update us here so we know (:

Michaela (Journey into Books) My partner was Mion and I read Candide. Mion rated it four stars and I gave it two stars.

message 41: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) my partner was tammie and I read The Raven boys, Tammie rated it 5 stars and I gave it 3 stars.

message 42: by Megan (new)

Megan (lethargicpoison) | 32 comments I finished All the Bright Places. Tara rated it 5 stars, I rated it 4. I think the topic just hit a little to close to home, but it was a very good read.