A Summer Star Readathon discussion

Tuesday 7/19/16 Updates & Chat

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 27 comments ***

message 2: by Starr (new)

Starr (ladyadorkable) | 19 comments Mod
Today I finished "Cross my heart and hope to spy" by Ally Carter then started and finished Sweethearts by Sara Zarr and finally started Starseeker by Tim Bowler(or Bower?? I can't remember currently haha). It's been a pretty good reading day and since it seems like tomorrow's gonna rain tomorrow might be as well :)

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I finished Unwind, so I can start UnWholly either later tonight or tomorrow. I didn't read a specific book for a challenge though; I'm doing horrible at reading everyday for some reason. It may be because I have had school work and studying to do. But I'm hoping to get an audio-book to listen too that may fit a category...any ideas on a good audio-book to fit one of the challenges???

message 4: by Starr (new)

Starr (ladyadorkable) | 19 comments Mod
Maybe for a book with summer fun? Or even less than 200 pages, those could work with audio books I'm sure

message 5: by Adriana (last edited Jul 19, 2016 07:48PM) (new)

Adriana (bluekitten982) Savannah wrote: "I finished Unwind, so I can start UnWholly either later tonight or tomorrow. I didn't read a specific book for a challenge though; I'm doing horrible at reading everyday for some reason. It may be ..."

I feel you, I didn't do any reading yesterday and I'm hoping to get some done today.

As for the audiobook I heard that Illuminae is really good. I started listening to it today. It is actually captivating and I am not an audiobook fan, but I'm enjoying this one. Maybe pretty cover?

message 6: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I've been thinking about it, I think I'm going to get Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe, for the Summer vacation/summer fun challenge. I've really been wanting to read it, and I think it sounds like an amazing book!

I'm reading Binge for the pretty cover one!!!

What challenge are you reading Illuminae for? It sounds like a good book, but very long. lol

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (bluekitten982) Savannah wrote: "I've been thinking about it, I think I'm going to get Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe, for the Summer vacation/summer fun challenge. I've really been wanting to read it, an..."

I didn't really pick it up for a challenge. I just wanted to hear it since Catorina from littlebookowl said that the audiobook was really good. I actually read this book last year and the story itself is fantastic. I guess I could use this for the last change since I don't have one and it is a good cover.

message 8: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Adriana wrote: "Savannah wrote: "I've been thinking about it, I think I'm going to get Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe, for the Summer vacation/summer fun challenge. I've really been wanti..."

Ahh, that's cool; I may have to get the audiobook once I finally read it, i have it in hardback but let me know what you think of the audiobook once your finished!

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (bluekitten982) Savannah wrote: "Adriana wrote: "Savannah wrote: "I've been thinking about it, I think I'm going to get Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe, for the Summer vacation/summer fun challenge. I've r..."

Of course. So far I'm on disc two. The conversations are done really well. They are hilarious at times especially during the bad words since they are kind of blurred out. I'm really liking it. There's only one voice that's kind of creepy sadly to say it's the first one that comes on.

message 10: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 27 comments Today I finished my first book of the read a thon! Love Walked In it was SO good and I really enjoyed her writing. I am 109 pages into Asylum and trying to pick out my next book! :-)"