Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Off Topic > Books so good you called in sick, late... or lost?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Audible is featuring some books that they say would have you calling in sick, late, ... or lost.

So, have you had a book that had you doing this?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2806 comments I haven't ever called in sick or late because of a book, but I have stayed up way too late sometimes to finish books and regretted the effects the next day.

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Rachel wrote: "I haven't ever called in sick or late because of a book, but I have stayed up way too late sometimes to finish books and regretted the effects the next day."

Yeah, me, too!!

message 4: by Jody (last edited Jul 17, 2016 10:21AM) (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3472 comments Umm, yes. I "chucked a sickie" (Australian term) from work to finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I regret nothing.

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Jody wrote: "Umm, yes. I "chucked a sickie" (Australian term) from work to finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I regret nothing."

No regrets!

message 6: by Aglaea (new)

Aglaea | 371 comments Marvellous idea, thank you. I will put this on my bucket list, because I've only ever read until past sunrise, then felt totally off all day.

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2854 comments I remember not going to school because of a book, but sadly I can't remember which it was!

I would however call in sick for Doors of Stone, but my employer doesn't need to worry since it isn't getting published soon ;)