Assassins of the Void discussion

Welcome > Greetings and Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Megamanlan (new)

Megamanlan | 1 comments Hi. So can we have characters that have powers?

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 868 comments Mod
They'd probably be pretty weak and using them in public is against the law but yea. Unless you live in pirate's land where anything is allowed

message 4: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments hola

message 5: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments I've been in Louisiana for the week, driving back to Texas, then on the 28th I'm flying back to Washington

message 6: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 18 comments howdy!

message 7: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments hola

gee wilikers

message 9: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments I'm finally back in washington after a month in texas

message 11: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments indeed

message 12: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments got I hate how I don't get no notifications on this phone

message 13: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Hi guys

what up, welcome to the group

message 15: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Nothing much, what's up with you

making new characters, listening to vaporwave, undergoing an existential crisis

you know

the usual.

message 17: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Ah yes. Existentialism. I hear it's a rather popular trend for people not quite ready to commit to absolute fucking despair

message 18: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Oh wait, can I swear here? I forgot to ask...

pre nihilism at its finest

yo yo, everybody swears here, we good

message 21: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Okay good. I didn't want to be That Dickhead™️

nah you're good, if you're confused about the plot, feel free to ask

message 23: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments That's also good, because I am 100% confused

Yo so basically this is set in a steampunk society. It's a place called The Empire of the Isles, and this particular group is set in the Isle of Serkonos, the southernmost tip of the Isles. It's like the slums of the isles, and is known for its cigars, tourist attractions and amazing beaches. So it's basically a noble vacationing spot, but also a city of assassins. There's a ton to the story so I'll just give you a bunch of helpful links.

The Agents of the Outsider- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The Abbey of the Everyman-
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The Isles-
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The Outsider is basically this god that rules a realm called the void, which created everything, and will one day devour the cosmos, it's really just a black hole in the center of the universe and the outsider is its representative. The Abbey of the Everyman despise the outsider for no real reason other than not understanding him, confusion leads to fear, fear leads to anger. They are the Overseers, and they have banned all usage of blackmagic or study in accordance to the outsider. Anyone caught worshiping him will be put to death or jailed, depending on the intensity of the worship. They also have a high overseer. They are the theocratic rulers of the isles, but the real ruler is the empress.
The outsider marks people he finds interesting. And by mark I mean gives awesome powers and watches what they'll do with that power cuz he bored AF. Seriously he's a fifteen year old immortal and everyone is scared of him and he really just wants to have fun.
There are only eight marked ones. But those marked ones have followers called agents of the outsider.
The outsider also has shrines and stuff, but he's been missing for a thousand years, he just came back. Before he went missing, an ancient civilization once worshiped him, carving runes and charms into the bones of whales. Those can still be found washed up on shore today. Those give the marked ones powers, and also provide people with good luck, bring them to a shrine and the outsider can be summoned.
there's a lot more to it but any questions?

message 25: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Yeah, but mostly about the characters.

Overseers and Oracles seem pretty self explanatory, so I'm not bothering with that.

Citizens are just ranging from normal people to agents of marked ones right? And do the agents have special powers?

So the outsider is a God I'm guessing, but I'm seeing that we can make more Gods?

And where do marked ones go?

Marked ones and agents of the outsider are citizens because they don't have a place in society. They aren't special in society's eyes, and are in fact, hunted for their abilities. Thus they aren't recognized or respected by the authorities like an oracle or overseer. There's also the guard, but they're also basically just citizens.

The Outsider is sort of a god? It's difficult to explain what exactly he is, but he's existed for far longer than he thinks that he has. He lost some memory and that needs to be triggered. Essentially he is a representative of the void, which is an entity all in its own, however it does not take form, because it is also technically a place, a realm so to speak.

The marked ones would just go in citizens yea. And they have to be requested, but don't worry about it you can make one if you want.

Oh and the gods, yes, they are product of the void, the source, and the grey area in between the two. The Source hasn't been expanded on much considering this group is pretty new but it is the counterpart to the void, what the void swallows, the source spits out, remade and remastered, new but recycled. Beings can also manifest in these places. Typically, those born in the source take on a very optimistic view, and are considered "good" gods. Those born in the void take on a darker, pessimistic view, and are considered, "bad gods", but those born in the grey area are more favored by the outsider, and are those that have hidden motives, that don't necessarily identify as either good or bad.

message 28: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Alright, everything makes infinitely more sense now, maybe you should put all of this info under the plot topic because the lack of information there is was started my confusion.

Yea i was thinkin about doin that cause it seems like a lot of people are confused lately so thanks.

message 30: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments No problemo

OH! and btw, the marked ones have color coded stuff and a special power specific to them that they pass on to their followers when they let people borrow their powers.

They only give their followers to powers, the default being blink, and the other being entirely dependent on the power that defines them, that is unique to them. Clear is a marked one, and he can put people in a trance by singing, it's called mesmerize.
Though the marked ones themselves have a variety of different powers that really just adjusts to their personality. The teleporting for them may not be teleporting, and may be a black, vine like hand ghost thing that their own hand grows into that brings them to another place like a vine. Or they could temporarily stop time for a few seconds or whatever. Just be sure to describe that.

message 32: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments What do you mean color coded stuff? Does each marked one represent a different color of the rainbow or something?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... it's explained under "The Marked Ones"

message 34: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Oh okay, so not necessarily colors of the rainbow, but like gang colors even though this isn't gang related.

Exactly actually. They kind of rival one another, like the different houses in a fancy college. But in the end they all work for the same cause.

message 36: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments So I just decided to murder myself by using my own template. I've literally been working for three hours and I haven't even started on the personality and why can't I use emojis on goodreads yet my words are not enough to convey the hell that is my soul

message 37: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 3 comments Thought I'd join because why not? Hello everyone.

message 38: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments Hello!!

message 39: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 3 comments Hey there! How are you?

I once spent six hours on a template only to delete the content

hi izzy

message 41: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 3 comments Hey Cry! How have you been? Been a while since we last talked!

message 42: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments ~The Mage of Heart~ (Aka. Cry) wrote: "I once spent six hours on a template only to delete the content

hi izzy"

Damn. I would have cried.

message 43: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) | 36 comments (Izzy) wrote: "Hey there! How are you?"

Oh you know, just overworking myself for no damn reason.

message 44: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) | 320 comments Mod
Hey

message 45: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (last edited Aug 12, 2016 09:33PM) (new)

Yo yo yo, welcome to the group
the group I wish wasn't so friggn dead because i worked too god damn hard on it

message 46: by KT (new)

I know that feel. I have a group I started working on at the end of my school year and the other mods have lives I don't so school is starting again and it's still not finished ugh

message 47: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments you guys know a good game on steam under $15?

message 48: by Galzia Tekrus (new)

Galzia Tekrus | 11 comments i had to fac reset my pc

Okay?
i dont really know why you left in the first place
but if you have a problem, i suggest you go ahead and say it, so the same thing doesnt repeat itself

message 50: by KT (new)

yo