Book Haven discussion

Chatterbox > Boredom

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Other than Goodreads...

What do you do when you're bored?
Do you have other favorite websites, or activities that make boredom...less boring? LOL

If you do...let us know!

message 2: by J.D. (new)

I surf the internet, which includes Facebook, Barnes and Noble's website, taking online quizzes...
I also read(obviously)
watch whatever is on my TiVo
Sudoku
Write
Edit pictures
etc.

LOL I thought of this thread, because I am VERY bored right now, and have exhausted all of my normal bored routes...
so, if anyone has some GREAT suggestions...I would love to hear them!

message 3: by ★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (last edited Jul 26, 2009 06:29AM) (new)

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments When I'm bored I usually try to read or go on the internet. On the internet I go to
Text twist = a word game
Looklet.com = a paperdoll site
shortnews.com = they have news of the weird
amazon.com = to search for books

message 4: by J.D. (new)

Something I used to do when I was bored

http://www.clairol.com/try-it-on-stud...

It is a free site. You upload your picture, and you can try on different hairdos, haircuts, and colors. :) It's a lot of fun. They are in the process of updating it right now, but once it is back up and running I'm going to start using it again. It's really funny to upload pictures of a guy, and put girly hairdos on him! LOL I did that with my Dad's picture, and it was sooooo funny. He even laughed at it!

message 5: by J.D. (new)

Zarifina wrote: "When I'm bored I usually try to read or go on the internet. On the internet I go to
Text twist = a word game
Looklet.com = a paperdoll site
shortnews.com = they have news of the weird
amazon.com..."

That Looklet site looks like a lot of fun! :)

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments It is I go there ALL the time. It is somewhat addicting lol.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I've been known to play games on POGO or jewel quest on IWIN.
watch vids on youtube.
I like scrapbooking but haven't done much since I started reading again.
That Looklet site might be something cool for my daughter and me to do together :)

message 8: by J.D. (new)

LOL I just tried out Looklet, and it is fun. It would be something great for someone who wanted to become a fashion designer...I am going to have to share the site with my sister in law! She'd LOVE it!

message 9: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments I read alot a heck of alot so there are very few chances for me to get bored. However sad soul that I am if I do get bored say in between books then I love to surf the net for, new books to read! there are a couple of Blogs that I really enjoy, together with a few jewellery and arty/photography sites. I also watch music vids on YouTube.
I've also been know to surf for photos of delicious men to add to some of the threads on Good reads and to brighten up my day,but only on Mondays when I'm home alone Ha Ha

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments Joy wrote: "LOL I just tried out Looklet, and it is fun. It would be something great for someone who wanted to become a fashion designer...I am going to have to share the site with my sister in law! She'd LOVE..."

Yea I love it too. You can vote on the outfits you like the most by clicking on the heart at the bottom of each outfit. The website has a contest going that ends tonight. If you create an outfit with the rainbow jumpsuit you can win that item. The website is still in the trial beta stage, but they add new items for people to use each week. The full website should open up pretty soon. If you type "Zarifina" into the search box you can see the outfits I made.

message 11: by J.D. (new)

Zarifina wrote: "Joy wrote: "LOL I just tried out Looklet, and it is fun. It would be something great for someone who wanted to become a fashion designer...I am going to have to share the site with my sister in law..."

I made one outfit. Mine is under celestial1285
About to look at yours! :)

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments That's a cute outfit. I like the title you gave it "Elite Hippy" lol

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) ok I signed up on looklet under the name allhoney61
I'm NOT a fashion designer so don't laugh. I tend to be conservative.

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments Pretty soon they are going to add a section that allows you to add a friend to your page

message 15: by J.D. (new)

That'll be fun! Then we call look at each others outfits! LOL I love the site! :) Thanks for telling us about it Zarifina. I seriously had never heard of it before...I clicked the heart for some of your outfits. :)
Pamel-I'll check out your outfits. Conservative is fine. I only made the one outfit so far...maybe I'll make somemore tonight! :)

message 16: by J.D. (new)

:( For some reason it isn't letting me log in! LOL I'll have to try again later...

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments Thank you for hearts Joy

message 18: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) I just tried out the Looklet site. I like it but I could spend hours making one outfit because I'm unable to decide, lol. I have been told I have weird taste, just to warn you.

http://looklet.com/look/410574

message 19: by J.D. (new)

BonFire wrote: "I just tried out the Looklet site. I like it but I could spend hours making one outfit because I'm unable to decide, lol. I have been told I have weird taste, just to warn you.

http://looklet.com..."

I actually thought that was an interesting outfit! Very suave, and unique!

message 20: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) lol Thank you! If I had the legs I would totally wear that outfit, I have to confess. I was making another one but the site suddenly got funky and logged me out. And now I can't get back in. So maybe later. It seems very fun so far.

message 21: by J.D. (new)

BonFire wrote: "lol Thank you! If I had the legs I would totally wear that outfit, I have to confess. I was making another one but the site suddenly got funky and logged me out. And now I can't get back in. So may..."

I think that they're having a glitch in their system...The site wouldn't let me log in either. It'll probably be fixed by tomorrow...

Oh, another thing I used to do when I was bored was...play Oblivion on my PC. Its a role playing game, and it is actually ALOT of fun!

message 22: by Chrissy315 (new)

Chrissy315 Jones | 17 comments I like to go to Cafemom alot. It's a great site. I've been a member for years there.

message 23: by J.D. (new)

Browsing Youtube.com can be a lot of fun.

I also check out the New Moon movie website sometimes...

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments Hey ladies,

Just a heads up about the Looklet.com site. The web page is still in the beta stage so sometimes when you try to save an outfit it will not let you. In order to save it (if you are unable to save it the first time) hit the refresh button, or open a new tab (webpage) and log in again.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic my sis goes to www.bored.com lol flash games and whatnot

i like www.paperbackswap.com to check the stats on my wishlist, add to my wishlist, chat with other book a holics.

www.pogo.com free games, win real money (plays best on the IE browser with latest JAVA and DIRECT X)

www.iwin.com (games)

www.bigfishgames.com

I have many, many game sites b/c the game trials are an hour. If I like a game I can go to another site and re-d/l it and play for another hour =D.

message 26: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) Joy wrote: "BonFire wrote: "lol Thank you! If I had the legs I would totally wear that outfit, I have to confess. I was making another one but the site suddenly got funky and logged me out. And now I can't get..."

I used to play World of Warcraft ( GO HORDE! ). Some of my friends are trying to get me to play again, but I am refusing. It tends to eat your life! lol

message 27: by J.D. (new)

BonFire wrote: "Joy wrote: "BonFire wrote: "lol Thank you! If I had the legs I would totally wear that outfit, I have to confess. I was making another one but the site suddenly got funky and logged me out. And now..."

That's what happened to me with Oblivion. It's like stepping into a book, and being able to create your own character/story. I became completely hooked. It took over my life for a while...

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments Joy wrote: "BonFire wrote: "Joy wrote: "BonFire wrote: "lol Thank you! If I had the legs I would totally wear that outfit, I have to confess. I was making another one but the site suddenly got funky and logged..."

Lol the same thing happened to me but I used to play Guild Wars. I loved that game

message 29: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) Lol I guess we three are recovering addicts then.

message 30: by J.D. (new)

LOL Now all we need to do is have in intervention with my hubby. LMAO He's addicted to Runes of magic right now. He's been playing all day everyday for the past week and a half! Although, I suppose there are worse things he could be addicted to...

message 31: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) well, they say the first step is admitting to it :)

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments BonFire wrote: "Lol I guess we three are recovering addicts then. "

Lol

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Joy wrote: "Other than Goodreads...

What do you do when you're bored?
Do you have other favorite websites, or activities that make boredom...less boring? LOL

If you do...let us know!"

Wikipedia. I can spend hours on that website.
All About Romance
Internet Movie Database
Amazon.com

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Adrienne wrote: "I read alot a heck of alot so there are very few chances for me to get bored. However sad soul that I am if I do get bored say in between books then I love to surf the net for, new books to read! t..."

I post on my blogs and read other blogs, too.

message 35: by J.D. (new)

I go on IMDB a lot too!
Ohhhh, that reminds me! I love to go onto Moviefone to see what movies are coming out!
It's also fun to look to see which movies came out on DVD recently...

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) I used to check out a website that would tell you what movies were going to be made. It was cool knowing about the movies years in advance.

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) | 0 comments Danielle wrote: "I used to check out a website that would tell you what movies were going to be made. It was cool knowing about the movies years in advance."

What website is that? That sounds interesting.

message 39: by J.D. (new)

Some sites to find books by place, time period, character type, series, publisher, etc...

http://www.historicalromancewriters.c...

http://www.bibliotravel.com/

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Zarifina wrote: "Danielle wrote: "I used to check out a website that would tell you what movies were going to be made. It was cool knowing about the movies years in advance."

What website is that? That sounds in..."

Well it was Coming Attractions by Corona but now I think they are Manic or something.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Joy wrote: "Some sites to find books by place, time period, character type, series, publisher, etc...

http://www.historicalromancewriters.c...

I love Historicalromancewriters too.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) When I'm bored online I usually go to \
Facebook.com
Amazon.com - (for book shopping)
Shelfari.com - which is a site somewhat similar to this one. Except a little different layout and feel to it
Gaiaonline.com - I've been on this site for a few years, it's hard to explain but you have an avatar which is you can buy a huge assortment of clothing and accessories for. Discussions, guilds(groups), games, etc.

When I'm off line then I usually read something or try to find a video game to play

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) I'm on Shelfari too. It's nice for the graphics and stuff. There are some good groups on there too.

message 44: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 188 comments As for boredom, I cross stitch or watch movies/DVDs

message 45: by J.D. (new)

Michelle wrote: "When I'm bored online I usually go to \
Facebook.com
Amazon.com - (for book shopping)
Shelfari.com - which is a site somewhat similar to this one. Except a little different layout and feel to i..."

Shelfari, & Gaiaonline sound fun! :) I'm going to have to try them out. Do you prefer Shelfari or Goodreads?

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Goodreads is much better. But Shelfari is cool. I found Shelfari first.

message 47: by new_user (last edited Jul 30, 2009 03:26PM) (new)

new_user Same here, Danielle. I agree, GR is better. The community is more personal and has more features and the catalogue is much better.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) I'm so glad I found this site. It's changed my life. :)

message 49: by J.D. (new)

Thats how I feel. Goodreads is my favorite site! :)

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I agree as well. Shelfari is nice but I find it to be...kiddy. It's really not but that's just how it comes off. I love goodreads

« previous 1