Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading July 11?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (last edited Jul 11, 2016 05:03AM) (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2111 comments Mod
Happy Monday or Tuesday for some of y'all :) I'm starting this week with Eye Candy by Amanda Young.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I've just finished and enjoyed Stealing Home and Freight Trained. Both are ARC's and due out this coming week. Stealing Home is a sports romance and Freight Trained is a Cont/Susp Romance. :-)

message 3: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2111 comments Mod
Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I've just finished and enjoyed Stealing Home and Freight Trained. Both are ARC's and due out this coming week. Stealing Home is a sports romance and Freight Trained ..."

I love sports romance! I'll definitely check Stealing Home out, Stacey.

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I've just finished and enjoyed Stealing Home and Freight Trained. Both are ARC's and due out this coming week. Stealing Home is a sports roma..."

It's a good one. I really loved the hero Luke. :-) ♥

message 5: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I just finished an ARC of Mary Balogh's Someone To Love, the first in a new series, the Westcott Family. I enjoyed it a great deal, but it didn't give me that feeling of having read the start of a phenomenal series that I got with my first reading of The Proposal, the first of the Survivors' Club series.

I loved Anna and Avery. He reminded me a bit of Hartley Wade, hero of my #1 favorite Balogh, Lord Carew's Bride. The romance is definitely low conflict, but I found it sweet and satisfying nonetheless. And there are lots of intriguing secondary characters, which makes the series promising.

message 6: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1922 comments Mod
I'm about halfway though Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger. It's a little "woo woo" for my taste--I tend to like my thrillers grounded in reality. But it's an intriguing story. And there's some romance potential, which I'm always on the lookout for in my other-genre reading.

Janga, Someone to Love sounds intriguing. Will be on the lookout for it when it comes out.

message 7: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Looking forward to MB's new series, Janga!

I'm halfway through Laura Trentham's Kiss Me That Way. I like it and am excited that it's the first in a series that are being released one right after the other.

message 8: by Rachel (last edited Jul 11, 2016 06:11PM) (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments Ugh having a miserable couple of weeks -stupid phone- between being sick and be being stung by hornets i haven't had time to think! I am reading (or trying to) TO WED A WICKED EARL by OlivIa Parker

message 9: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments Rachel wrote: "Ugh having a miserable couple of weeks "

oh no! you ok???

message 10: by Leigh-Ayn (last edited Jul 11, 2016 06:10PM) (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments I just re-read Burn for me by Ilona Andrews. They had posted a short excerpt from Book 2 and made me want to re-read book 1. I still have to wait until next year for book 2 and 3 haha.

I'm on the quest for a new book to read. I see that The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie is on sale on Amazon! think I will try it as I know a few of you are huge fans!

I've also got a book called The Winter King by CL Wilson. Its a fantasy romance novel.

And I'm not sure if we have discussed it here but OMG how stunningly beautiful is the cover for Devil in Spring by LK???

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Ugh having a miserable couple of weeks "

oh no! you ok???"

Yeah i got stung l over my face and hand after being sick - my phone blitzed out before i could add that ,

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
Hi everyone. I'm reading an erotic romance and then I'm trying my hand at A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton. I couldn't finish book 1 from Anita Blake, but people made me curious about this...

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I just re-read Burn for me by Ilona Andrews. They had posted a short excerpt from Book 2 and made me want to re-read book 1. I still have to wait until next year for book 2 and 3 haha."
You're a masochist :)) I'm waiting for next year to read them all :D

I'm on the quest for a new book to read. I see that The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie is on sale on Amazon! think I will try it as I know a few of you are huge fans!
I loved this series, especially books 1-4, after that not as much...

I've also got a book called The Winter King by CL Wilson. Its a fantasy romance novel.
I love her 5 book series,can't remember the name now. I didn't want to start this one because she doesn't seem to want to publish book 2. It should have been out this summer but it's been postponed indefinitely...

And I'm not sure if we have discussed it here but OMG how stunningly beautiful is the cover for Devil in Spring by LK???
It's one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen *sigh*

Rachel I hope you feel better and your phone recovers or something :(

message 13: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1922 comments Mod
Irisheyes wrote: "Looking forward to MB's new series, Janga!

I'm halfway through Laura Trentham's Kiss Me That Way. I like it and am excited that it's the first in a series that are being released ..."

I really loved Laura Trentham's Falcon, Alabama series, so I'm looking forward to reading this new series too!

Rachel, I'm so sorry about your illness followed by hornet stings! That's a pretty miserable one-two punch. :(

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments I don't have much extra time this week so I am listening to Sandra Brown's Demon Rumm. It's been enjoyable thus far. I've yet to find a book by Sandra Brown I didn't like. I can count on her novels to be great!

message 15: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm currently reading an ARC of Anything but Minor and absolutely loving it. It's a sports romance but not OTT on the sports part. It's due out Friday. :-) ♥

message 16: by Charlene (last edited Jul 15, 2016 12:50PM) (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I just read Madeline Hunters The Wicked Duke (Wicked Trilogy, #3) by Madeline Hunter .

Overall, I liked it (she's a go-to author when I see new releases).
There were some obvious things in the story that were transparently clear, and I was frustrated that those were drawn out as suspenseful, but perhaps I'm being overly picky.

I know this is part of a series, and I've read the previous books. It's really nice when the brothers and their wives show up in this story. If you like Madeline Hunter, I don't think you'd go wrong to pick this one up for a nice romantic read (which does have some heated intimate moments, in case you were wondering).