What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book, scientist shrinks the ballerina he is love with and puts her on display. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 4 comments Hi, I'm looking for a book I think i read in middle school so putting this as YA.

A scientist befriends a boy (who possibly had a father who did cartoon chariactures of tourists on the street). The scientist falls in love with a ballerina and shrinks her down so he can watch her dance. The boy finds out, tells his dad who goes to confront the scientist.

The boy's dad is then shrunk down. The two fall in love in their miniature world. Without spoiling the plot, the scientist gets mad and tried to withhold their food (which he had to shrink down for them). In the end the scientist shrinks himself to join then leaving the miniature world to the boy to look after for the rest of his life.

Can't seem to find anything anywhere on this book. Any help would be much appreciated!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
What year did you read it?

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 4 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "What year did you read it?"

I guess it must have been between 2000-2004 but I really cant remember. I also don't recall it being a new book as it was in my school's library,

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 4 comments Thank you so much! This had brightened up my Monday no end!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Speed of the Dark (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alex Shearer (other topics)