What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Attached to Characters

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 15 comments What are some books where you've felt very attached to the characters more so than in other books? Looking more for romance, but open to any suggestions. Thanks!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments It may seem weird, but Silas from The Da Vinci code.

message 3: by Victoria (last edited Jul 09, 2016 05:55PM) (new)

Victoria (tizywhirl) | 12 comments Hi there!

Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling books. The way in which she describes them and the romance is perfect. Practically all of the characters in every book in the series are lovable. Also, I'm quite found of her Rock Kiss Series characters, especially Rock Hard. Gabriel and Charlotte are the perfect couple! I've read their book at least seven million times (;

Angle's of the Dark by Gena Showalter is another series in which the character's are quite lovable, even though some are bastards. (: Especially the first two, Wicked Nights and Beauty Awakened.

Wait for You Series by J. Lynn is beautiful. I really, really love this series. The characters in the first book, Wait for You and the fifth book Forever With You are amazing!

Lastly, To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer. Levi is a sexy sweetheart. This is a historical romance that is simple and sweet.

Okay, now I'm just going to list every single book in which I fell in love with the characters and have re-read at least a million times.

Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Seriously, this book ruined me... in a good way!)
Alpha and Omega Series by Patrica Briggs (Adore Anna and Charles)
Aralorn Series by Patrica Briggs (<3)
Infernal Devices (Series) by Casandra Clare (It's a YA, but the writing is brilliant)
Night Prince Series by Jeanine Frost (Hard core awesome)
Night Huntress Series by Jeanine Frost
After Hello by Lisa Mangum (YA, but very well done)
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Shifters Unbound Series by Jennifer Ashley
Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy (Really only the first two I loved the characters, the third was meh...)
Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole (Brood males, spicy females is the M.O.)

Hope this helps!

Happy book hunting! <3

message 4: by BookNerdLife (last edited Jul 11, 2016 01:13AM) (new)

BookNerdLife | 53 comments the bewitched and bewildered series by Alanea Alder. I love all the characters in this series especially the main pair. Each book has a new pair but still includes the old characters from the previous books. I loved it and to this day keep on rereading it all the time.

message 5: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 15 comments Awesome, thanks guys!

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Poison Study series is like that, where you care about the characters.

Maybe also try The Iron Seas series. The Iron Duke

Have you read any of Ilona Andrews works? Magic Bites series or their (husband wife team of writers) Edge series On the Edge or Clean Sweep series (This one only has 2 books out so far, as it's the newest.) The Kate Daniels series (the first one I linked to) has only 1 more novel contracted for it, and its reading like it's ready to wrap. There are a couple of short stories for the KD series, and a stand-alone spin-off book.

The Shifter's Unbound series is another interesting one. Bodyguard (that's not the first book in the series, just the first one that popped up, also it's the first one that I found.)

Maddy Barone has an interesting series out, called After the Crash, which is a time travel PNR type series. The title of the series is kind of a double metaphor, since the women involved, for the most part, are from a crashed airplane, and it's set after the crash of "modern civilization."

This next suggestion might be a tad bit daunting--there are like 30 books in the entire series, but they are only loosely connected, so don't let that slow you down. Witch World by Andre Norton is a very over-arching world that is parallel to ours, and operates on magic AND science. Some of the characters are more interesting than others, and some of the stories are a bit dated as to out-look, since the first one was published sometime in the very early '60's, while the last one came out in the late 90's, I believe. Not all are romances, btw.

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 276 comments Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle series is grounded in the friendships of its characters. All of them are lovable in their own way. I almost stopped myself from finishing the last book of the series when I realised it meant saying goodbye to them. Blue is a quirky teenage girl with a huge chip on her shoulder. Gansey is an old man in a young man's body. Adam is kind and loyal to a fault. Ronan is the wild one of the bunch. He hates and love with passion. And Noah is sweet, lonely and sad.

message 8: by Marie (last edited Jul 17, 2016 04:05PM) (new)

Marie (marie123) | 52 comments Patricia Briggs writes the kind of characters I can't give up. I notice one of her series was mentioned before (Alpha and Omega) but I'm also partial for Mercy from her Mercy Thompson series. And Adam, of course. AND BEN. For a side character, I am very invested in Ben.

Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire is also one I'm very attached to. Toby does a LOT of growing throughout the series, which means I'm pretty darn committed to her now!

These are the types of characters that draw me back time after time.

message 9: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 274 comments Be Frank With Me - I so want to see Frank grow up!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) Rachel Morgan, Ivy Tamwood and Jenks from The Hollows series by Kim Harrison the first book is The Good, the Bad, and the Undead The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2) by Kim Harrison