Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Macabro 1 - Panico en el cementerio
Serieses! > Can't add this edition to a series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alcare91 | 47 comments Hi,
I am a new Librarian
I need to add this book to the series "Macabro", but the series page is making me add the french edition, not the spanish one. Even if I use the isbn it shows the french one.

The problem is that this series is a collection of horror books for children from different authors all translated to spanish. I cannot add the french edition to this series because the series doesn't exist in any other language, because it was created by the Publisher.

Can anyone please tell me how can I add only the spanish edition to this series? Or if there is any other way to indicate this collection and show readers the rest of the books?

Thank you, I appreciate if you could tell me how to do it instead of doing it as I am learning. Thanks again

message 2: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments This is not a series in GR terms, it's a publisher series or imprint, and you should create a Listopia for it if you want to collect them together.

One of the conditions for creating a series on GR is that it applies to all editions of the book. No matter which edition you add it to the series from, the default (usually the most popular) edition is the one that shows, as you are seeing.

See https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

Alcare91 | 47 comments Thank you so much

Alcare91 | 47 comments Thanks for the information. It was not on the Librarian Manual. Is there anything else I should read? Just to have all the information. Thanks

message 6: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments It's all in there, just not on the first page :)

Basically, click all the links on that page, most of them take you to another page with detailed info. For instance, the link I gave you above is from the link to Series under the heading "Using the book edit page: part 2" here https://www.goodreads.com/librarian_m...

My best advice, there's a lot to take in, and lots of rules, don't try to learn them all at once. It's always ok to ask here for help (and for pointers to the specific guidelines about the thing you're working on).

Alcare91 | 47 comments Ok, I will! Thank you so much!!!