Christian Book Reviews discussion

Reviews > Discussing Books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Linder (hannahlinder) | 113 comments Mod
Did an author give you a book for free? Did you love it? What was your favorite part?

For your very favorite books (please, only books you have read via authors from this group) share with us your thoughts! We'd love to hear what you think, what you loved, and what you disliked. Did it leave you feeling dreamy? Were you scared, at parts? Would you recommend it to someone else?

message 2: by Hannah (new)

A few weeks ago I finished a book by Faith Blum, titled I Love Thee.
So I just wanted to share with ya'll . . .
That this book was great! It was a fast, quick read with tender romance, endearing children, and of course . . . a handsome cowboy. I loved how the author neatly pushed that old hymn into the story line. So unique! Great read!
Thanks, Faith, for sending it to me!!! :)

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Not so long ago, Miss Wheaton gave me the honor of reading her book The Silent Blade. Here were my thoughts:

I immensely enjoyed this book! I was riveted nearly from the beginning, and found myself thinking of the story a lot (wondering what was going to happen next).
Wonderful, endearing characters that were easy to love and understand. Lots of action! Lots of plot twists and surprises! The story kept a quick-paced, nice flow, and the medieval time-setting was perfect.
I was also thankful the story was clean and Christ-like. Praise God for authors who give Him glory!
The title, also, was very catchy---and the cover was beautiful. Wonderful book! Great read! Highly recommended for any ages!