What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book from 1980s-90s, a girl in a tech high school reads a book with a guy's notes written in the margins

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather McKeon | 5 comments I'd guess I read this book around 1989-1991, it was about a teen girl who went to a tech high school and she reads a book that is full of notes in the margins. The notes were written by a guy at an art high school and they start a friendship/romance. And there's a point where she dyes her hair with red kook aid and it starts raining so at first they think she's bleeding, but it's just the kook aid coming out.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather McKeon | 5 comments Obviously she dyed her hair with red Kool-aid. Autocorrect strikes again!

Still looking if anyone has any ideas...

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jul 13, 2016 06:42PM) (new)

Kris | 36033 comments Mod
Heather, what's the location - U.S./country, big city/small town/region?

What kind of book is it - a textbook about ___, a novel?

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather McKeon | 5 comments It takes place in the US, and I think close to a lake or the ocean because I remember her going to the beach. But I can't remember where... I'd guess it's a larger city because of the multiple specialized high schools.

I think the book she gets with his notes in it is a novel, but the only thing I remember about it is a scene about slaughtering animals.

Sorry I can't remember more.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
Heather, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather McKeon | 5 comments Yes - if anyone has any ideas I’d still like to find this book.