Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) Glass Sword discussion

How will Maven redeem himself? Post ideas and theory's!!!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lindsay Maven was one of the main love interests in Red Queen but even after his betrayal and absence in appearance he was often mentioned and Mare clearly missed there old times together, do you think he could redeem himself and the two could end up together? if so how? Victoria Aveyard said that at the end of Red Queen 3 the main relationship will be settled. Any ideas?

Gidget I do not think he will be able to redeem himself to anyone other than Mare. She may find a part that isn't so tarnished but no one else will see it. Mare will probably develop a case of Stockholm syndrome once Maven stops going out of his way to be overly mean/destructive.

Lindsay Stockholm syndrome? Never thought about it in that way @Gidget but sounds vary plausible. Cal will never forgiven Maven, he even might try to kill him but your right he will only ever be able to get redemption, if even, with Mare. He's probably going to keep pushing the thought that there so much alike, like draws to like?

message 4: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Yin Maybe he was under Queen Elara's control? I'm really hoping he is!

Phoenix2 It will be extremely difficult for him to redeem himself, but Mare can maybe still be fond of him due to their past. And he did display some affection towards her in the last part of the first book. If anything, he could only be justified if Elara was controling him (like @Jennifer said) though she is his mom so that would be difficult to happen...

Sydney I don't think he will redeem himself. Here are my predictions for the next book (regarding Maven):
1) I think Cal will have an opportunity to kill him, but either hesitate or try to reason and find goodness in him, and I think Maven will kill him.
2) I think Mare will kill Maven.

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛ I honestly hope Maven will die in the next book. To me, he's way too much of a jerk and a manipulater to be redeemed. Yes, he might be controlled by his mother Elara, but I feel a lot of what he does are his own actions that he wants to do.

But there are four books in total so he probably won't die in the next one, but I don't think he'll be redeemed either.

message 8: by Fani *loves angst* (last edited Jan 24, 2017 06:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fani *loves angst* I don't think he'll redeem himself, because I think he's been poisoned by his mother from an early age and there's not much to salvage of his soul anymore. I believe that Mare, attracted to his darkness as she's not innocent herself, will fall in love with him as his prisoner, but eventually sacrifice herself and kill him for the greater good. After that, she can only end with Kilorn somewhere far away from all this, or get herself killed in the process. Too bleak a scenario, I hope Aveyard finds another solution that ends with Mare and Cal together which is my favorite combo, but somehow I doubt it.

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛ Fani wrote: "I don't think he'll redeem himself, because I think he's been poisoned by his mother from an early age and there's not much to salvage of his soul anymore. I believe that Mare, attracted to his dar..."

Honestly if all that happens in the next book I will rethink my status on this entire series as a whole and give the others five stars.

message 10: by Oliva (new) - added it

Oliva He won't

message 11: by Taelor (new)

Taelor I think it would be a really interesting arc if Maven were to redeem himself, however I don't think Aveyard is going to write that into the series and make it canon.

If she were to write it, I think it would start with him surrendering himself to the Scarlet Guard / Cal and announcing to the public everything that him and his mother did. Then Cal would get the throne back because it is obvious that the people like him more. Since he has now met up with the Lakelanders, they could create some sort of treaty to end the war, therefore making the red conscription go away.

message 12: by Taelor (new)

Taelor Hiba wrote: "Taelor wrote: "I think it would be a really interesting arc if Maven were to redeem himself, however I don't think Aveyard is going to write that into the series and make it canon.

If she were to..."

I don't think that Mare will ever be with Maven again after the trauma she went through but I do feel like it would be interesting to have Maven try to redeem himself and actually show human emotions again