Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Paperbacks and e-books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Reber | 181 comments So I publish my e-books first, then publish my paperbacks usually around a month later. Have done it the same way since I started publishing last year. The problem is, now my books aren't linked. The paperbacks and e-books show up entirely separately. Does anybody know how to link them??

message 2: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Cunegan (jdcunegan) | 240 comments I had that issue with my first book, but a simple email to Amazon cleared things up. Course, I release my ebook and paperback at the same time, so it hasn't been an issue since. But a quick email to Amazon should do the trick (just give them as much information as possible).

message 3: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) If they don't link automatically within a few days, then use the "contact us" form in KDP or Author Central to request that they be merged onto the same product page.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Reber | 181 comments LOL, wait, you mean ask for help? *Smacks self in the forehead.* Thanks a lot!

message 5: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Miller (jazzzdiva) | 6 comments Just call Create Space. They are very helpful, and you can always talk to a person.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 973 comments I read in a book about publishing on Amazon KDP and CS that if you upload the paperback first and then the e-book, they will be linked automatically? Does anyone have any comments on this? Thank you.

message 7: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) I've published in both orders. I don't think it makes any difference. Usually, they link within three days automatically. Sometimes not, and you have to nudge them.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 973 comments P.D. Thank you for this information. Good to know.

message 9: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 447 comments Email KDP support. I had to ask for that on my most recent novel.

message 10: by Ian (new)

Ian Bott (iansbott) | 268 comments My first book was released e-book then paperback some weeks later. Amazon linked them automatically eventually (and so did B&N).

message 11: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Additionally, you can go to Author Central as soon as your book is released and claim all versions. This typically ensures that they will link in a few days as well as show up on your author page.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 973 comments More info. Thank you everyone.

message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie Round | 41 comments I wish it was that easy. I have been trying for weeks to get amazon to show my paperback but they only show the ebook.
I'll have another go at author central but when there are Goodreads readers out there who would like the paperback all I can do is say try my website and I'll send one post free.
www.juliecround.com

message 14: by Sharlin (new)

Sharlin Craig | 6 comments Have you tried calling Amazon to have them fix that? Sometimes it's easier if you talk voice to voice with someone.

message 15: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Todd (sophiamaetodd) | 3 comments KDP service is pretty helpful, although I'd recommend calling them specifically because in my experience, the email support is a bit lacking if your problem is more complex. I get a lot of canned responses through their email form, but when I call the CS agent is typically pretty helpful.

https://kdp.amazon.com/contact-us

Their phone lines are open during normal office hours, PST.

Good luck!

message 16: by Eva (new)

Eva Pasco (evapasco) | 90 comments Christina and Sophia--thank you for the helpful information should I have the same situation arise.