What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

New Moon (Oran, #1)
This topic is about New Moon
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy Novel about forming a new witch's knot to overthrow the current ruler. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athena (new)

Athena | 2 comments Hello and Thank you.

I read this book in the 90's [I believe] It is a fantasy book about a land where the ruling sect is a set of witches who form a knot or quartet where each one represents Air, Water, Fire, and Earth.

The current ruling sect has become corrupted and a new witch's knot must be formed in secret to overthrow the current one. I believe the current one has only one witch left as the other three may have been killed or removed so that she had all the power??? I cannot recall it's been a long time since I read the book. It may even be a series of books.

I remember the character who represents fire for the new witch's knot was a young, brash, red-haired woman who was like a 'street rat' very urban.

I am afraid it's not much to go on but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40697 comments Mod
Athena, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Athena (new)

Athena | 2 comments I did finally find it. The trilogy is called The Queen's Quarter. By Midori Snyder. Book one New Moon 1989, book two Sadar's Keep 1990, book three Beldan's Fire 1992. Thanks for asking. :)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Glad you found your books, Athena. Thanks for the update. Here's a link to the first book - New Moon by Midori Snyder.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

New Moon (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Midori Snyder (other topics)