The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Chat > Grumpy Challengers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 06, 2016 08:37AM) (new)

description

We all have bad days - maybe your car won't start, your hair won't do as it's told, you stubbed your toe or your favourite character got killed off?

Whatever's making you grumpy share it with us and maybe we can cheer you up. With a virtual hug or something.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 04, 2016 06:39PM) (new)

I'm going to kick this off. I'm grumpy right now because it's 2am, I have a pretty busy day tomorrow - well, later today in fact - and I can NOT sleep!

description

Bring on the hugs :(

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 781 comments Caroline wrote: "I'm going to kick this off. I'm grumpy right now because it's 2am, I have a pretty busy day tomorrow - well, later today in fact - and I can NOT sleep!

Bring on the hugs :("

Here's your hug. I hate when that happens!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you :) - See, it worked - I'm smiling already!

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 05, 2016 11:51AM) (new)

Aww - thank you :) So cute.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well today has started out just fantastic. Opened a new packet of chopped nuts to sprinkle on my breakfast, fumbled the packet and dropped the whole lot all over the floor, got down on my hands and knees to clean up, put my knee straight on a (very sharp) piece of nut, stood up - banged my head on the cupboard door I'd stupidly left open, and discovered one of my cats eating my yoghurt... Back to bed?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ok, I just love this thread - I'm very sorry for your start in the day, Caroline, but you made my grumpyness vanish for a bit with your story (my cats would totally do the same)

I'm not particulary grumpy because of one specific event, it's just friday, still two hours (feel like 10) to go before the weekend after a week where everybody felt tired and not very motivated at all all the time long, and after a hot and full-packed with people ride with the train I have to go to the also full-packed shopping center... I don't need hugs, just give me a sun-chair at the lake!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Will this do?

description

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

perfect!! thanks, Caroline, that really looks beautiful...but now I'm done with work for this week - yay! everything is bright and nice =D

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Glad to hear it. Enjoy your weekend!

message 12: by Pamela (new)

Pamela aka Scottieluvr (scottieluvr) Caroline wrote: "Well today has started out just fantastic. [...] discovered one of my cats eating my yoghurt... Back to bed?"

Nope, grab another bowl of yogurt and eat beside your cat.

description

message 13: by Pamela (last edited Jul 08, 2016 08:08AM) (new)

Pamela aka Scottieluvr (scottieluvr) Rosa wrote: "perfect!! thanks, Caroline, that really looks beautiful...but now I'm done with work for this week - yay! everything is bright and nice =D"

description

message 14: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments Sorry to laugh at your stories, Caroline and Rosa, but I just had to giggle a little. But I was laughing WITH you, not AT you! Hope you're having a better week this week!

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 12, 2016 07:25AM) (new)

Connie N. wrote: "Sorry to laugh at your stories, Caroline and Rosa, but I just had to giggle a little. But I was laughing WITH you, not AT you! Hope you're having a better week this week!"

Feel free to laugh. I don't mind my bad day making someone else smile! I haven't had my breakfast stolen (yet) this week so it's looking good : )

message 16: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments Of course, it's only Tuesday....

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Connie N. wrote: "Of course, it's only Tuesday...."

That is true. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I love my kindle, but when it decides to reset itself when I'm in the middle of reading (like right now) I could just throw it across the room!

message 19: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments I hope you can easily get back to where you were, Caroline. What type of Kindle do you have?

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) Wow, that sucks!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Connie N. wrote: "I hope you can easily get back to where you were, Caroline. What type of Kindle do you have?"

It took absolutely ages to reset itself - maybe I should stop filling it up with freebies! It's a fairly old model I think, not a Paperwhite or Fire.

Dee wrote: "Wow, that sucks!!"

It really does. So frustrating!

message 22: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments I have hundreds of freebies on my paperwhite, but I save most of them to the cloud so it (theoretically) takes up less space.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Connie N. wrote: "I have hundreds of freebies on my paperwhite, but I save most of them to the cloud so it (theoretically) takes up less space."

That's probably a good idea - my kindle is overflowing with freebies! I can not resist a free book.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

My teabag burst in my mug and I didn't realise until I got a mouthful of tea leaves. Urgh...

message 25: by Penni (new)

Penni | 1288 comments Mod
Caroline wrote: "My teabag burst in my mug and I didn't realise until I got a mouthful of tea leaves. Urgh..."

Yuk :-(

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I was having a lovely dream involving Johnny Depp (in his Captain Jack days - I'll spare you the details) and someone's car alarm went off... :(

message 27: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments I hate when that happens.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Connie N. wrote: "I hate when that happens."

It put me in a sulk for the rest of the day I can tell you! But I'm better today :)

message 29: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2088 comments Me and four coworkers got laid off for lunch.

message 30: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) Wow, that really sucks, PepperP0t!!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

That really does suck. Sorry to hear that PepperPot.

message 32: by Penni (new)

Penni | 1288 comments Mod
Oh no PepperPOt - I'm so sorry ....

message 33: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2088 comments thanks ladies. making resume updates and letting people know so i can get another one right away.

message 34: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) | 102 comments It is really hot here...and i really want to be outside and eeading because its sooo nice and snow is going to come and then i am going to be grumpy cause its too cold...just wish we can get a break feom this heatwave so i can read outside without sweating buckets

message 35: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments Can you go to the beach or a pool? Then you can lie beside it with your audiobook.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I've cut myself pretty bad today :/

I've wanted to put clean glasses away at work, small but thick ones we use for the give-away water with every coffee, and while I want to put them on the shelf, they started falling, I tried to catch, one broke, and because I was trying to catch it I stabbed me in the hand with a big shard of it - in the wirst, right under the carpal bone. The wound is pretty deep - I only looked at it for a short time, there was not so much blood, but something yellow, pus-looking was coming out and I think I would have gone down if I had looked any longer (and I was alone, of course)

I'm looking like I've tried to slash my wrists, and even writing on the computer hurts because of the location...

I'm not happy.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no Rosa! Have you had it looked at by a doctor or hospital?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Caroline wrote: "Oh no Rosa! Have you had it looked at by a doctor or hospital?"

no... I don't think it needs stitches because it's more deep than long, and I won't wait three hours or more in the hospital for a band-aid.

(But maybe I'll give myself a self-prescription for a glass of wine in the evening before I take a shower and need to look at it again :/ )

message 39: by Chansuee (new)

Chansuee | 15 comments Aww i hope you get well soon <3

message 40: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments Wow, that sounds pretty serious, Rosa. I hope you're OK. (And the wine sounds like a good idea.)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Like the idea of the wine self-prescription :) Hope it feels better soon.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

thank you!

the wine was a great idea. wine and jelly-chocolates.

you know what's best? tomorrow night we go on vacation. bet the seawater is going to feel great on this hand..

but, on the positive: there's always more wine :D

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Wrap it in a big bandage then tie a plastic bag over it! And definitely keep drinking the wine ;)

Have a great vacation!!

message 44: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments I just spent the last 2 hours in the dentist's chair getting impressions for a crown to fix a cracked tooth. Now I'm at work with a numb mouth. Definitely grumpy...well, except that I can spend some quality time on GR for a few minutes.

message 45: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 43838 comments Mod
YUCK!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Poor you Connie. I hate the dentist!

message 47: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 43838 comments Mod
I'm not liking my teenage daughter today!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

JoAnne wrote: "I'm not liking my teenage daughter today!"

Oh how I know this feeling...

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just feeling generally irritated today. By everything :(

message 50: by Connie N. (last edited Aug 02, 2017 12:57PM) (new)

Connie N. | 3486 comments Teenage daughters can be trouble, that's for sure, JoAnne. Luckily our daughters are 27 and 32. We're through the bad years. Best wishes in dealing with yours!

« previous 1