GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Self Publishing > Reviews Needed

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments I'm looking for reviews for KILLING PEOPLE (a thriller) on Goodreads and Amazon. If you're interested in reviewing my book, I can email a free e-book. It's also available on Kindle Unlimited. http://amzn.com/B00FQZ843E

Thank you,
Meb Bryant

www.mebbryant.com
The Price of Normal
Killing People
Harbinger of Evil
Doubles Match
Monster Spray
Spelling V

message 2: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) Meb wrote: "I'm looking for reviews for KILLING PEOPLE (a thriller) on Goodreads and Amazon. If you're interested in reviewing my book, I can email a free e-book. It's also available on Kindle Unlimited. http:..."

I also write romantic suspense. Would you like to swap reviews? I'm happy to buy yours if you would buy mine.
Virgo's Vice

message 3: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments Trish wrote: "Meb wrote: "I'm looking for reviews for KILLING PEOPLE (a thriller) on Goodreads and Amazon. If you're interested in reviewing my book, I can email a free e-book. It's also available on Kindle Unli..."

Trish, I read your reviews and the book sounds suspenseful; however, I'm unable to read about pedophilia and the rape of a child without getting upset.

Thank you for the generous offer, but I'll have to pass.

message 4: by Trish (last edited Jul 06, 2016 06:38AM) (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) The pedophile gets what he deserves, but I totally understand. I once was asked in an interview why I write what I write and it made me realize I try to bring attention to the ills of the world and when the readers see the bad guys coming to a bad end I like to think it gives them some satisfaction. Like sticking pins into a voodoo doll.

message 5: by Meb (last edited Jul 06, 2016 07:25AM) (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments Trish wrote: "The pedophile gets what he deserves, but I totally understand. I once was asked in an interview why I write what I write and it made me realize I try to bring attention to the ills of the world and..."

I truly understand and that's how I deal with my bad guys, too. That said, I never sexually harm the minors in my stories. Even though I realize the world is full of pedophiles and that they crush the spirit of children every minute of every day, I don't want to write nor read about it. This horrific evil has touched my family in years past.

BTW, I love the idea of voodoo dolls. My current WIP is titled Voodoo Eyes. "Got pin, will stick."

message 6: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) No problem, Meb. I don't actually go into any detail of the acts because my publisher wouldn't allow it for one, and I wouldn't want to do so either. The story is really about the aftermath and the lifelong scars it leaves, as you understand from personal experience. Send me a copy of your book in pdf or mobi and I'll review it for anyhow. trish@trishjackson.com

message 7: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments Trish wrote: "No problem, Meb. I don't actually go into any detail of the acts because my publisher wouldn't allow it for one, and I wouldn't want to do so either. The story is really about the aftermath and the..."
Trish,

After you mentioned your publisher, I checked out your book. I've been chapter mates with a couple of the acquiring editors and have met Debbie on occasion. They are good people.

I bought Virgo's Vice and am enjoying the read. The subject matter we talked about is being handled delicately. Thanks! I'm a slow reader, but will post a review when I'm finished.

message 8: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) Meb, I love you! So glad you are giving it a chance. I'll buy yours too, and I look forward to the read.

Debby is a lovely person, small world hey?

message 9: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments Trish wrote: "Meb, I love you! So glad you are giving it a chance. I'll buy yours too, and I look forward to the read.

Debby is a lovely person, small world hey?"

I love you, too, lol. I'm enjoying the read. Getting hungry for fresh caught fish. :)

Who was your acquiring editor?

message 10: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) This is my third novel with SoulMate, and they have just accepted the next one. Debby was the original acquiring editor and now although Caroline works with me on the content editing, I still submit my books to Debby.

message 11: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments I don't know her. My chapter mates: Jaye, Shauna, and Stella. Lovely ladies.

message 12: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) By chapter mates do you mean critique partners? I have one, Tami, who has done wonders for my upcoming book during the development stages. I couldn't have done without her.

message 13: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments We are/were members of Northwest Houston Romance Writers of America. They probably only know me by my legal name. :) I casually met Debbie at two conferences. I think both conferences were in Houston.

message 14: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) You're lucky you were able to go. I'm enjoying Miss Lollipop. She sees it all!

BTW I also love Yorkies. Best dogs in the world.

message 15: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments Trish wrote: "You're lucky you were able to go. I'm enjoying Miss Lollipop. She sees it all!

BTW I also love Yorkies. Best dogs in the world."

Miss Lollipop needs a therapist. My Yorkie is a cat in a dog's body. He doesn't care if you like him or not, and he's afraid of our house bunny, Fluffy.

message 16: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) Meb wrote: "Trish wrote: "You're lucky you were able to go. I'm enjoying Miss Lollipop. She sees it all!

BTW I also love Yorkies. Best dogs in the world."
Miss Lollipop needs a therapist. My Yorkie is a cat i..."

They are such characters!

message 17: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) Meb, Your review is done and posted on Amazon and Goodreads.
I enjoyed your book very much and will probably read others of yours.

message 18: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments Trish wrote: "Meb, Your review is done and posted on Amazon and Goodreads.
I enjoyed your book very much and will probably read others of yours."

Thank you, Trish. What a coincidence! I posted a review on GR and Amazon for Virgo's Vice yesterday. Keep in touch!

message 19: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) Meb,

Thank you so much! I love that you truly 'got' it. A lot of readers don't really get the emotional aspect and the message of the story, but you truly did.

I'm starting a series on my blog for authors to guest post, called The Story Behind the Story and would love to have you on. Here it is: http://romancerambleandbookbabble.blo...

Also, I'm looking for another critique partner as my current partner suffered a terrible tragedy and I don't like to bother her.
My email is trish@trishjackson.com

message 20: by Meb (new)

Meb Bryant (MebBryant) | 10 comments Trish,
Thank you for the very generous offer; however, I just launched THE PRICE OF NORMAL yesterday and I've got my hands full.

https://amzn.com/B01HJ6N6G2

Let me get my bearings and I'll contact you later on through email.

message 21: by Trish (new)

Trish Jackson (trishjax) Great. Good luck with the new book!

message 22: by C. (last edited Jul 21, 2016 09:34AM) (new)

C. Bennis (CMBennis) | 4 comments [author:C. Michael Bennis|6031983
Hi Guys: I'm wishing for reviews of my latest book: Ralph's Place: A Magical Experience (Jun 13, 2016) available in Kindle eBook, Paperback and Goodreads' giveaway.
Enter into an enchanted North Wood's wilderness where it is always summer as a family with their 14-year-old son take up residence in a Victorian Mansion. The playmates include two former circus performers, a Bengal Tiger and a brown bear, a Vampire soccer coach, a dog, Sam, two whales, in a remote place with mystical and paranormal creatures where Ralph find what he needs the most—himself. This inspirational young adult fantasy by C. Michael Bennis, is inspired by the daily bedtime stories he first created for his son Alex, who succumbed to cancer at six-years old, and later for Daniel who was a fan for many years. Ages 8 - 45

message 23: by C. (new)

C. Bennis (CMBennis) | 4 comments Trish wrote: "Great. Good luck with the new book!"
Thanks, Trish. Kindest regards, Michael

message 24: by C. (new)

C. Bennis (CMBennis) | 4 comments C. Michael Bennis You won’t find Ralph’s Place on a map, and the US mail is not delivered there. There is no telephone or cell phone reception and no television. Yet Ralph’s Place is as real as the nose on your face. Surprisingly, you may have once visited Ralph’s Place while you were dreaming. Later you awakened with a big smile and a bright happy face. The memory lingers
for a long time. But you are helpless to return if you cannot remember the dreamlike state of mind that took you there.
Throughout history, there have been many legends about a magical
place in the North Woods where it is always summer. Most often, Ralph’s Place is first found by accident, and the experience is so wonderful that visitors forget how to return.

message 25: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie Miranda (sherriemiranda) | 70 comments Still looking for reviews!
Sherrie Miranda's historically based, coming of age, Adventure novel “Secrets & Lies in El Salvador” is about an American girl in war-torn El Salvador:
tinyurl.com/klxbt4y
Her husband made a video for her novel. He wrote the song too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P11Ch...
Send me an e-mail to sherriemiranda1@aol.com. Let me know if you prefer a PDF or Mobi.
Thanks,
Sherrie

message 26: by Richard (new)

Richard Jr. (goodreadscomrichard_mcbee) | 5 comments C. wrote: "[author:C. Michael Bennis|6031983
Hi Guys: I'm wishing for reviews of my latest book: Ralph's Place: A Magical Experience (Jun 13, 2016) available in Kindle eBook, Paperback and Goodreads' giveaway..."

Michael,
Sounds like a really interesting book! I'm trying to get my own exposure with the AmazonGiveaway system. I always wonder if these gimmicks really work. They must, but perhaps I'm just not well enought connected. Check my newest book at: https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/736a2db...

message 27: by C. (new)

C. Bennis (CMBennis) | 4 comments Richard, I share in your wonder and bewilderment. I"m also participating in the Goodreads giveaway, and previously did the Amazon giveaway of 40 books that was oversubscribed in two hours on Facebook. My idea is that you won't catch fish without bait in the water. Onwards, Upwards and best of luck with your book promotions.

message 28: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Simmons (arsimmons) | 21 comments Every one of us appreciates reviews. I wonder if the "gentle readers" understand the great value they add whenever they take the time to tell others what they think about a book.

message 29: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie Miranda (sherriemiranda) | 70 comments Still looking for reviews!
Sherrie Miranda's historically based, coming of age, Adventure novel “Secrets & Lies in El Salvador” is about an American girl in war-torn El Salvador:
tinyurl.com/klxbt4y
Her husband made a video for her novel. He wrote the song too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P11Ch...
You can e-mail me at sherriemiranda1@aol.com. Let me know if you prefer Mobi or PDF.
Thanks,
Sherrie

message 30: by R.B.N. (new)

R.B.N. Bookmark (ribban) | 5 comments Would any of you be interested in reviewing my book?
No pedos and no sexual gratification/perversion of any kind.....just a rhubarb hating, colourblind, red haired misfit in northern England.

https://www.amazon.com/Minger%60s-Tal...

message 31: by R.B.N. (new)

R.B.N. Bookmark (ribban) | 5 comments Why should I pay for a review?
Quite simply this is exploitation and preying on the vanity of newly published authors ......there are no shortcuts in publishing and certainly and if there were I doubt if they would come so cheap as a few dollars.

bookmark

message 32: by Viswa (new)

Viswa Pilla (viswasampreethipilla) | 3 comments I am looking for reviewers for my second novel - 5 in the game of 4. It is YA, romantic fiction. If you are interested, please message me directly with an email id and I will send a copy out for review(PDF format).

Goodreads - 5 IN THE GAME OF 4
Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/5-game-Viswa-S...

Thank you for your time!

Here's my Blurb:
Kajal, a young, cynical and hubris small time entrepreneur in New York City, who does not believe in love chooses her dates based on numerology. However, she does not prefer to date the ones whose birth number is a 4. At first, she would seem weird but as you get to know her, you would see that she is no different from you and me. Chris, her new roommate, who is a journalist, gay and a believer in love is baffled by her ways. He is in a five year long term relationship with Andrew, a dancer from Miami whilst Kajal is having a hard time trying to make a relationship last even for a day. Soon, their holiday trip to Miami unfolds secrets behind Kajal's faith in numerology and a ghost from the past makes her question her belief in it. But, does she find true love?

message 33: by Julie (new)

Julie Hodgson | 2 comments R.B.N. wrote: "Would any of you be interested in reviewing my book?
No pedos and no sexual gratification/perversion of any kind.....just a rhubarb hating, colourblind, red haired misfit in northern England.

htt..."

This sounds like a good read.. I can read and review for you :)

message 34: by Harvey (new)

Harvey Click | 31 comments The Bad Box by Harvey Click The Bad Box is free on Kindle through 08/04, and I would certainly appreciate some reviews. It's rather dark and grisly, so if you don't like that sort of thing you won't enjoy it.

Sarah Temple hopes to find a bit of peace and quiet when she leaves her abusive boyfriend, but instead she finds a world of horror. It’s bad enough that a sadistic serial killer and another maniac are both trying to murder her, but what’s worse is the mysterious Solitary One who controls both of them, a malevolent entity that the serial killer describes as a living darkness, a man and yet not a man, something that’s alive and yet not alive, something that wants to appall the world.

Trying to flee from the two killers, Sarah finds herself running deeper and deeper into a deadly supernatural trap, a place where people are buried alive, where ghastly apparitions mutter in the dark, where demented killers prowl, where a crumbling haunted house can drive its victims mad with terror, and where something buried for a very long time may walk again.