Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > June 2016 in Reflection - Best and Worst Reads

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23064 comments Let's reflect on the best and worst of the previous month's books.....

I know I can get so focused on what is next that I forget about all the wonderful books I read for the previous month's challenges! Especially heading into a long holiday weekend this month!

Did you find some gems? DNF a few? Find your new book boyfriend or a heroine who personifies TSTL? Come on, we all want to know! What were your standouts for June?

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jul 01, 2016 10:16PM) (new)

MountainKat | 23064 comments I have to say my two favorites of June were both by the FAC author, Pamela Clare. I read Barely Breathing and loved it, especially the hero - but everything bout it was great! I listened to Naked Edge and it was even better the second time around, especially since I could listen to it!

I also gave 5 Stars to Innocent in Death and Marrying Winterborne. Such different books, but both were excellent! There were so many other really good ones to Wolf with Benefits, Appealed, Dirty, The Best Kind of Trouble and Big Rock to name a few. I think all of those were at least 4+ Stars!

It definitely was a good month for me!

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21016 comments MountainKat wrote: "I have to say my two favorites of May were both by the FAC author, Pamela Clare. I read Barely Breathing and loved it, especially the hero - but everything bout it wa..."

May or June Kat??

Off to see what I enjoyed the most :)

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jul 01, 2016 09:54PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21016 comments I had a big Mary Calmes month (read 4 of her books) - I loved Fit to be Tied and Quiet Nights (a very amusing mother into tantric sex!). And from NR Walker Red Dirt Christmas was a great reminder why I love this series :D

I listened to a dreadful narration of Colorado Wild - all characters sounded like octagenians in a retirement village when they are meant to be special forces!!! Messed with my head for a little.

I also listened to The Rosie Effect. If Rosie's character wasn't so extreme and different to The Rosie Project, I would have rated this an extra star. (I rated it 3 stars.) There were some pretty funny passages in amongst the NY antics.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23064 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "MountainKat wrote: "I have to say my two favorites of May were both by the FAC author, Pamela Clare. I read Barely Breathing and loved it, especially the hero - but e..."

Wow, that's bad isn't it?! Too much time out in the sun today I guess. Off to edit...

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 930 comments A couple of my favorites this month:

Rhys (The Sinner Saints, #2) by Adrienne Bell It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5) by Julie James The Friend Zone (Game On, #2) by Kristen Callihan Deathwish (Broslin Creek, #6) by Dana Marton A Covert Affair (Deadly Ops, #5) by Katie Reus

Books I didn't enjoy all that much:

Take by Silvia Ami Tempt the Night (Trust No One, #5) by Dixie Lee Brown Woke Up Dead (Soul Change, #2) by Tina Wainscott After Dark (Griffin Powell, #1) by Beverly Barton Home to Whiskey Creek (Whiskey Creek, #4) by Brenda Novak

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11380 comments My favorite reads of June:

Smut by Karina Halle , A Fortunate Blizzard by L.C. Chase

Not so great-

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Barbara Karmazin

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23064 comments Fran wrote: "My favorite reads of June:

Smut by Karina Halle"

Is that the title or a description! =P

message 9: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11380 comments MountainKat wrote: "Fran wrote: "My favorite reads of June:

Smut by Karina Halle"

Is that the title or a description! =P"

LOL! It actually has such a cute story- two struggling writers who decide to write 'smut' together.

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23064 comments I think that would be hilarious to read around your kids. I can just see it:

What are you reading?

Smut.

Mom, I don't want to hear that!